Scout is the on-demand, “plug and play” talent team of choice for the likes of TrueLayer, Pleo, Callsign, Multiverse, Moneybox, Beauty Pie and many other exciting startup businesses. We’re on a mission to democratise hiring for founder led start-ups, and give everyone a fair, equal and affordable opportunity to hire the best talent. Since our launch in late 2020, we've grown to a team of almost 50, saved clients over £3m in hiring costs, and feature on FLEXA CAREERS Top 100 list of the most flexible companies in the world to work for. We've done all this in just over a year, imagine what we can do over the next 5. Come join us on our journey!
You’ll be embedded into one of our clients as a Talent Partner. You're plugged into email, ATS, internal comms and so on, and you act as that lynchpin to ensuring ongoing success when it comes to Talent Acquisition objectives for our clients.
You'll be a hands-on recruiter, still heavily focused on your own sourcing efforts, but you'll also have a wider team to lean on should you need it, via our regular team 'sourcing sessions' (which you will find out more about if you interview!)
Aside from hands-on hiring of roles, it's vital you truly embed yourself into the culture of the business you are working with- getting involved with company-led initiatives and events, becoming one of them.
What does this role look like?
- Embed as a Talent Partner for one of our clients
- Fully plug into their business; Email, Slack, Comms, Culture etc
- Play an end-to-end role in the hiring process, from scoping requirements through to onboarding of new starters
- Help advise where needed on additional Talent initiatives (ATS systems, Processes, Diversity challenges etc)
- Ensure sourcing objectives are met (e.g. 2 hires per month)
- Ensure monthly renewal of your account
- Maintain healthy feedback scores from your client each month
- Contribute to the sourcing of other commercial roles across the scout business alongside the team.
- Contribute to the growth, and shaping of the scout business as we continue our journey to becoming a leading name in the embedded talent space.
We’re pretty open minded, but we think you’ll likely be able to show the following experience:
- 3+ years experience in tech recruitment (Engineers/Dev's, Data, DevOps etc)
- Evidence of close working relationships with clients- ability to impact on a higher level than simply filling roles.
- Previous experience hiring for tech scale ups
- Super organised
- A need to ‘over communicate’
- Team Player - a ‘less me, more we’ attitude
- Proactive, positive, creative mindset
We’re still very young, but are already proud to be able to offer:
- £35k-£60k basic salary (depending on experience) plus commission (OTE circa £5k but uncapped)
- 30 days Holiday (+ Your Birthday Off! 🎂)
- Enhanced Parental Leave 👶
- Free Membership to 'Sprout' - Parental Perks & Discount Platform
- Savings on nursery costs via TEDS.
- Free eye tests, and £50 towards your new glasses 😎
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Deliveroo Fridays- Virtual lunch, and it’s on us! 🍔
- We're a fully flexible business. You can choose from working at home or the office
- Expensed travel to client sites, UK & abroad
- Company Laptop
- Home Set Up budget (£500)
- Wellbeing Budget (£500) to spend on the gym, Zumba or any other kind of sport membership
- L&D budget (£500) to spend on your professional or personal growth & development
- Christmas Season working hours- weeks either side of Christmas 🎄
- Quarterly 'Scoutstanding' Award - You decide who in the team deserves a £500 treat for being awesome
- Scout Socials- we have monthly social meet ups- a mixture of in-person & virtual including awesome lunches, sports events, Putt shack, Bounce, Flight Club and so on...
Want to find out more about us? Check out our Public Playbook for a closer peek at our Culture, Values, and PerksWe’re committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We actively encourage applications from everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We also encourage people to apply for the above role, even if they don't meet every single requirement.