Do you have great communication skills, and a passion to raise crucial funds for wildlife? Are you resilient and looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for 2 seasonal Fundraisers to work at our RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve. In this role, it will be expected that over half your time will be spent recruiting members at the Loch Garten Nature Centre. For the remainder of your time, you will visit external venues in the local area to recruit members. We are therefore looking to recruit someone who can easily commute to the Nature Centre or who is looking to move to the area.
What’s the role about?
Located in the heart of Abernethy reserve, surrounded by Caledonian pine forest and in the shadow of the mighty Cairngorms, the newly refurbished Loch Garten Nature Centre is one of the RSPB’s most high-profile visitor facilities, with a legacy of delivering a top-quality visitor experience spanning over sixty years. Membership recruitment is a key part of this, and our new Membership Fundraisers will be working closely with the visitor experience team at the Loch Garten Nature Centre to make this year’s offer at the centre the most successful ever.
• Opportunity to join a great team that is making a real difference and inspiring people to save nature;
• A contract that suits you – choose between 3, 4, and 5 days per week (7.5 hours on-site per day);
• A set salary, rather than working to commission;
• A company van, fuel card, and parking expenses;
• An annual volunteer day either with the RSPB or another charity of your choosing;
• Full training and comprehensive induction.
• Secondment opportunities as well as career progression.
What we need from you:
You don’t need to be an expert on birds or conservation as we run a thorough induction program and offer fantastic training and ongoing support. Essential skills, knowledge and experience that we are looking for include:
• Enthusiasm and passion for saving nature;
• Enjoy working outdoors - solo as well as part of a team;
• A good story-teller and a confident communicator;
• A resilience to rejection;
• Experience in a customer-facing role;
• Comfortable asking people for monthly donations;
• A full, manual driving licence;
• Access to the Microsoft Office suite at home; and
• Willing to work 3 out of 4 weekends and bank holidays.
This is a fixed-term position (7 Months) and we reserve the right to extend this contract to permanent.
The closing date for this vacancy is Sunday 12th February at midnight.
Accommodation may be provided. If this is of interest please raise this at the interview.
Before applying, please read through our candidate guidance notes and FAQs attached to the top of this vacancy. You will be asked 7 screening questions before the application stage. Should you have any queries about these, please feel free to contact our dedicated Resourcing Advisor -email@example.com
We run a monthly induction for all new Membership Fundraisers around the UK and are currently recruiting new starters for a start date of February/March/April 2023.
Please note that in order to be considered for this post you will be required to upload your CV and complete a short online application form.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Part-Time Cleaner x 2
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Employee Relations Adviser - x3 (Part-Time & Full-Time roles available)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Education, Families & Youth Officer - Scotland based - Hybrid (Part-Time)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Rheolwr Cyfathrebu / Communications Manager
- Test Team Lead
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Part-Time Cleaner
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Moorland Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Dundee Project Manager - (Fixed Term - Possible Secondment Opportunity)
- Assistant Warden - Cumbria Coast Reserves
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Health, Safety & Environment Advisor - Central England
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Finance Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Learning and Visitor Assistant - RSPB Saltholme (Part-Time)
- Senior Beach Warden (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Site Maintenance Assistant
- Senior Systems Engineer