3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
We are looking for an experienced part-time Senior Administrator to support our farming operation at Lake Vyrwny. RSPB manages a 4800-hectare upland farm situated on the Lake Vyrnwy Estate on behalf of landowner Hafren Dyfrdwy. It is the largest organic farm in England and Wales with over sheep, beef cattle and ponies.
The farm is operated to achieve a range of important outcomes relating to sustainable land management, water catchment issues and conservation. The role involves providing proactive administrative support to the farm team so it can operate efficiently and effectively.
Key activities for the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Day to day support for the farm team including organising training, basic HR processes and diary arrangements.
- Specialist farm secretarial support such as the administration of farm records for compliance and liaison with external advisers and organisations.
- Comprehensive business administrative support including the administration of financial processes, organising the procurement of materials and equipment and leased vehicle administration.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the office environment ensuring the office is an efficient, effective and safe place to work.
- Providing comprehensive support for all aspects of the recruitment and induction processes, so that these are highly efficient and compliant with RSPB guidelines while enabling new staff to be correctly and safely welcomed into the organisation.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience of providing administrative support to complex farm operations.
- Knowledge of farm operations, compliance requirements and regulations.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships using diplomacy and tact and to deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences whether by phone, email or in person.
- Ability to make the best use of time particularly when under pressure from competing priorities.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of budget management terminology and processes.
- Able to identify and act on opportunities for continually improving ways of working.
- An appreciation of RSPB’s aims for Lake Vyrnwy.
This is a Permanent, Part-Time role for around 22.5 hours per week. For further information please contact email@example.com
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.