We're looking for a highly effective and self-motivated Administrator to support our Aire Valley team across two sites in West Yorkshire (Fairburn Ings Nature Reserve and St Aidan's Nature Park). This is a part-time role, hybrid based (from home and our Fairburn Ings office). We are happy to discuss flexible working patterns within usual working hours.
- Providing comprehensive administrative support to the Aire Valley Team, processing purchase orders, invoices and expenses, organising office materials and making diary bookings to enable the team to operate efficiently
- Managing telephone / face to face enquiries in a professional and positive manner
- Building and maintaining effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Day-to-day coordination of the office environment, liaising with the Senior Administrator and facility management providers to ensure that our sites are efficient, effective and safe places to work and visit
- Sharing best practice to support the continuous professional development of the wider RSPB administrative team, both locally and across the organisation
- Supporting procurement and financial management / reporting processes, ensuring that accurate information is available for managers when required
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of basic budget management terminology and processes
- Great attention to detail, organised and thorough
- A positive approach to problem solving
- Proactive, self-motivated and personable - communicating effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to organise your own time independently and manage competing priorities
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Able to take meeting notes and minutes clearly and concisely
- Flexible in your approach to work
- At least 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in an office or customer care environment in an administrative role
This is a Permanent, Part-Time role for 22.5 hours per week. Really flexible.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on Thursday 15th December. For further information please contact Gemma.Williams@rspb.org.uk.
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries