Junior Interaction Developer
The RSPB has always been here to save nature - from our origins as a campaign to end the use of feather in women's hats right through to our present-day ground breaking research, saving species from extinction, protecting some of wildlife's finest sites in the UK and beyond and engaging millions of people in the wonders of wildlife. We've been successful because we've always adapted.
Your role in saving nature
The RSPB’s digital estate is vital to our mission to give nature a home – from rallying people together to speak up for nature, to inspiring a love of wildlife, to raising the income that pays for our conservation work in the UK and around the world.
We’re looking for a Junior Interaction Developer dedicated to delivering user interfaces that convey the importance of a positive experience, that are intuitive and deliver high usability. This is an important role within the Technology Design and Delivery team, requiring cross team collaboration and advocacy of the importance of user centric design.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, using initiative with a positive and proactive attitude.
- An aptitude to turn business requirements into innovative solutions and represent the user in our continual improvement objective for all application interfaces.
- An advocate of a user-centric approach and receive structured mentoring as part of a supportive and collaborative team, playing a key factor in change and innovation with our application interface development.
- A foundation in UI development and a passion for the visual aesthetic with a good understanding of usability.
- Experience working closely with UI designers to create beautiful, intuitive interfaces and deliver positive experiences.
- Experience creating user interfaces for prototyping and production working in high frequency delivery cycles.
- To be a part of the largest nature conservation charity in the country, consistently delivering successful conservation, forging powerful new partnerships with other organisations, and inspiring others to stand up and give nature the home it deserves
- 34 days of annual leave includes bank holidays
- Employee volunteer day with charity or organisation of choice
- Up to 4 weeks Sabbatical opportunities after 5 years of service
- Live Assurance
- Toil and Flexible Working.
As part of the Technology Design and Delivery team this is an exciting opportunity to help shape our digital landscape. We support a healthy work life balance and full remote working to help save nature through people.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position asap. For further information please contact Jolyan.Turrall@rspb.org.uk
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this vacancy,and reserve the right to close once sufficient applications have been received.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Retail Assistant - RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Head of Sustainable Land and Climate Policy - Flexible in UK
- Project Officer - England Twite Recovery Project - (Fixed Term)
- Learning Officer- Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office (Part-Time)
- Part-Time - Estate Worker - (Fixed Term)
- Programme Officer - Flexible in UK
- Cairngorms Connect Communications Officer - (Fixed Term)
- Conservation Scientist (Social Sciences) - (Fixed Term)
- Warden - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Assistant Monitoring Officer (ELP) - (Fixed-Term)
- Organisational Development Adviser - Flexible in UK/Hybrid
- Learning and Development Adviser x2 - Part-Time & Full-Time (Flexible in UK/Hybrid)
- Seasonal Assistant Warden - Wallasea Island (Fixed-Term)
- Trapper (Fixed-Term) - Orkney Native Wildlife Project
- Seasonal Field Officer - Plovers in Peril (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Experience Officer (x 4) RSPB Rathlin Island - Northern Ireland
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Assistant Warden x2 (Fixed-Term)
- Assistant Warden x2 - Eastern Solent Reserves
- Communications Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project – Kirkwall Office
- 2 x Part-Time Cleaners - (14.5 hours M to F and 5 hours at weekends)
- Conservation Data Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Seabird & Marine Policy Officer (Senior)
- 5 x Centre Assistants - Bempton Cliffs (6 months Fixed-Term, Variable Hours Avail)
- Project Officer - Species on the Edge - Orkney (Fixed Term)
- Visitor Operations Manager - Devon, Exe Estuary (30 hours p/w)
- Head of Communications & Marketing (Wales - RSPB Cymru - HQ )
- Assistant Warden - North West Norfolk Reserves (Fixed-Term)
- Curlew LIFE Project Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Turtle Dove Conservation Advisor (South-East England)
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager ( x2 roles )
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Humber Beach Nesting Birds Project Officer - Fixed Term
- Assistant Warden Ramsey Island - Wales
- Head of Fundraising Campaign Planning (Flexible in UK - Hybrid-WFH)
- Board Administration Coordinator - Flexible in England (WFH Option)
- Direct Marketing Manager - (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Programme Manager - Membership Recruitment and Retention (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Membership Marketing and Retention Manager (Flexible in UK - Hybrid/WFH)
- Project Coordinator - Eurasian Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Food and Beverage Assistant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Administrator - RSPB Geltsdale Nature Reserve (Part-Time)
- Junior Developer - Flexible in UK
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Endangered Landscapes Programme Manager - Cumbria (Fixed-Term)
- Community Connections and Volunteer Manager - Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (HYBRID-WFH)
- Warden, Sunart Reserves Glenborrodale
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)