Our Nature Reserves are windows into the wildlife and habitats we are fighting to protect. They showcase the wonderful conservation work we’re delivering, and should inspire, enable, and empower everyone to play their part in the fight against the nature and climate emergency.
We understand it is simply not enough to carry on as before. RSPB reserves must evolve, we must become more relevant to the world we are trying to change and make the RSPB visitor experience the best it possibly can be, for our visitors, for nature and for the planet.
To achieve our ambitious vision, we know we must seek talented individuals who share in our dream, and who have the skills, tenacity, optimism, and enthusiasm to deliver at pace.
About the role
This is such an exciting time to join the RSPB’s Food & Beverage Consultancy and this post will be an integral member of the team.
Providing comprehensive business administrative support to teams, sites, or projects/programmes, including administration of financial processes, systems administration (e.g., EPOS), resolving supplier issues, travel and accommodation, events, organising and maintaining materials and equipment, diary bookings, so that our team and volunteers operate efficiently.
The role will build, maintain, and develop effective relationships, both internally and externally, using diplomacy and tact, while ensuring that complex confidential and sensitive matters are handled appropriately, so that all contact is professional, and RSPB is represented in a positive manner
The role will undertake financial management and reporting processes, and analysis of information when required ensuring that financial information is well managed, the RSPB obtains value for money, and managers always have access to accurate and current information.
The role will provide a high level of technical and operational knowledge in food & beverage, to support and deliver functional operations, so that RSPB managers and teams have the capability to operate effectively.
The role will provide comprehensive project and programme administration support to multiple projects and programmes, in accordance with the RSPB's Project Management Framework, so that these run smoothly and efficiently.
Also providing direction, energy and capability to our team and volunteers, including any underline management to ensure they are able to provide the most efficient support, and that managers are able to work at their most effective
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Relevant professional qualifications, or the ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role, or qualifications as necessary to the role
- An understanding of the food & beverage and hospitality industry and the quality outputs and standards required
- An ability to work in a strong collaborative manner with colleagues from other directorates and UK countries
- Competent IT user across multiple MS packages
- Evidence of working with limited supervision and resolving unforeseen issues and challenges
- Knowledge of document management and team collaboration tools
- Strong numeracy skills and Knowledge of budget management terminology and processes
- Strong attention to detail, taking a logical, methodical, and analytical approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions
- Demonstrable ability to produce clear written communications and persuade and influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- A self-starter who works at pace and would relish their position and contribution within a high performing team
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience of working to a standard project management approach
- Food & Beverage Professional Qualification or an appropriate level of experience
- Experienced user of EPOS back-office systems
- Experience of developing innovative solutions and contributing to strategic planning
- Experience of complying with health and safety codes of practice
- Institute of Facilities Management qualification
What you can expect:
- A supportive, high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- An array of exciting, high-profile commercial projects, to lead and support on, that will make some of the most beautiful places in the UK even more special for our visitors.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- Opportunities to travel across the United Kingdom and get closer to our amazing wildlife, all while you play your part in safeguarding its future.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position in week commencing 30th January 2023. For any role enquiries, please contact email@example.com
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by/exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Part-Time Catering Assistant
- Visitor Experience Officer at RSPB Pulborough Brooks
- Environmental Advisor
- Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager
- Café Assistants x2 (Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Community Development Manager
- Estate Worker (Fixed Term)
- Social Media Assistant / Cynorthwyydd Cyfryngau Cymdeithasol
- Conservation Officer - The Wash and North Norfolk Coast
- Estate Worker - Carnforth
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Employee Relations Adviser - x3 (Part-Time & Full-Time roles available)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser x2 - RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve (Seasonal Contract)
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)