3–4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year.Having just completed a $20 million Series A round, we're on the hunt for top people to join our ambitious mission.
We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team. We're also fun to be around (at least that's what people tell us).
About the role:
As Operations & Strategy Lead at Papercup, you’ll be working directly with the CEO and VP Operations across a broad range of cross-functional projects. This is a unique opportunity for outstanding candidates from high-performance environments (investment banking, law, consulting etc) looking to move into a fast-growing early-stage deep tech start up and make a tangible impact on both strategic and operational projects.
Papercup is at a super exciting stage - we’ve just raised a $20 million Series A and are laser-focused on scaling our team, systems and solution to reach our next stage of growth. You will play a critical role in helping us to achieve this and to help amplify the impact that the CEO and VP Operations will have on the business during this period.
Working cross-functionally, someone resourceful with the drive to take ownership and be hands on would be a great fit for this role.
What you’ll do with us:
- Day to day support of CEO - this doesn’t mean getting coffee. You’ll be exposed to a huge range of responsibilities, from production of materials for board meetings through to running client meetings. You’ll also help the CEO generate leads, negotiate key contracts, flesh out company strategy and manage investors. It’s a truly comprehensive role! (We recommend you watch all episodes of The Office - US version - if you want to understand his humour).
- Leading special projects - whether that’s figuring out the next new language we should be rolling out or exploring new potential platforms we should partner with.
- Supporting internal business operations - this is your chance to see how the sausage is made! You’ll support on everything from grant applications and patent strategy, to company KPI tracking and even company away days.
This isn't a traditional role. Your priorities could be different every day. But that's what makes it so exhilarating - you're helping define and shape our business from the ground up.
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience in a high-performance environment - that could be consulting, banking, law or fast growth start up etc
- Hunger, diligence and resourcefulness - you need to have a clear record of follow through and getting things done
- Experience context / mode switching - you're a generalist who is ready to jump into any aspect of the business
- Analytical and strategic thinker - you’re known for how quickly you can absorb a lot of information (and how much you love excel shortcuts)
- Demonstrable experience owning complicated projects and managing a range of stakeholders
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritise and stay focused within ambiguous/unstructured environments
- A deep understanding of the levers that impact startup growth
- A real desire to enjoy what you do and an understanding that we are going after something enormous and world-changing - you are prepared to be invested in building this business with us and are excited by our mission.
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £60,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Old Street office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual off-sites