What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
A great opportunity for a (Master) Black Belt, who has experience in leading global, cross functional process improvement, change management and business improvement based on industry best practices like Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, etc in a SaaS environment. You will help us map out key business processes to make them more efficient and scalable. You will work with team leaders to help them streamline their processes, you will design, create and implement improvement to drive the business forward, you will promote cross-team communication as we scale and will drive positive, significant change to ensure we deliver against our strategic goals.
What you'll do
- Map out critical business processes to document how data travels across the company (document and visualise these)
- Contribute with creative ideas to the existing processes and procedures to make them better, more efficient and scalable
- Design, create and implement new business processes to safeguard data integrity and confidentiality
- Help introduce process improvements with the least impact on the agility and culture of the organisation
- Redesign operational processes to make them meet higher standards of data privacy and security
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders across Paddle to build consensus, define priorities and develop clear plans to ensure we deliver against our strategic goals
- Lead and execute on specific business initiatives, working closely with commercial, product and engineering teams.
We'd love to hear from you if you are
- An understanding of how to implement, perform, interpret and apply Lean Six Sigma at an advanced level of proficiency in a SaaS environment, with a real passion for the subject matter, curiosity, and desire to improve processes.
- Experience in project/ change and programme management, in an Agile environment, with wide stakeholder engagement.
- The ability to cope and bring structure to ambiguous situations and problems with an agile and flexible approach to work in a constantly evolving environment, open minded, inquisitive, and questioning approach, with creative thinking.
- Demonstrable experience as a team player with great collaboration skills, understand team dynamics and can drive complex improvement projects.
- A professional “get it done” attitude and are energetic and driven.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly and concisely explain complex organisational or technical problems verbally or in written form.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle