A little flex time
What we do
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
Paddle has grown over 100% annually from our headquarters in London, with customers all around the world. After raising our Series C, we are building our first commercial team to grow rapidly in the United States (where over half our addressable market resides). This is where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, entrepreneurial and autonomous Business Development Representative to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join- you’ll be part of an enterprising, foundational team to expand Paddle’s footprint in North America.
As a BDR in our Sales team, you are the first point of contact for all of Paddle’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for our products while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. Your core task will be to take on cold leads from our research team, warm up the relationship and convert them into qualified opportunities.
You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the in and outs of sales at Paddle. We take career development seriously, so once you’ve demonstrated you’ve mastered the role, you’ll have the opportunity to graduate from a Business Development Representative into an Account Executive role at Paddle.
What you’ll do:
- Quickly develop an understanding of our customer base, generate conversations from inbound interest and outbound outreach. Convert these conversations into qualified opportunities for our Account Executive team.
- Kick off conversations with cold leads and partner with companies of all sizes, from tech startups to well-established SaaS businesses.
- Effectively showcase Paddle’s set of products and best practices through email, phone, Zoom, and social media.
- Manage and prioritize your time so you consistently over-achieve your targets.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a previous Sales / Business Development role, ideally as part of a SaaS or B2B company, and are always happy to proactively engage new customers through email and phone.
- You believe in a consultative and human sales approach and understand that every conversation is different - we don't use scripts at Paddle.
- You see the benefits of Paddle’s set of products - we strongly believe that our products are helping other Tech companies grow and we want to work with people that are passionate about Paddle and can articulate its value.
- You can operate in an unstructured environment and embrace change.
- You are comfortable generating your own pipeline through outbound sales and cold calling and setting up great foundations with our potential customers.
- You are enthusiastic and ambitious, with a desire to build a career in sales.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from an amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.