Role Title: Account Executive
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist – ideally with SaaS or Payments experience to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for closing new customers and generating revenue while achieving individual goals. This role is focused on net new business therefore this person must be able to creatively outbound with support from our SDR team. You will also need to clearly communicate and build relationships with founders and other C-level executives of emerging, small and mid-market sized SaaS companies.
Your role is essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.
Our base salary band for this role is $77-85k.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for the full sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying, carrying out demo’s through to closing deals
- Build pipeline with the support of our Business Development team and Marketing counterparts, as well as your own self-sourced opportunities’
- Master Paddle’s product, know the features inside and out, understand the industry and be able to articulate Paddle’s value proposition and solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches
- Work with management and across departments (Marketing, Product, Success, etc.) to determine the most effective approach for each sales opportunity.
- Identify flaws in both Paddle's and our competitors' product during the sales process, helping to inform our sales techniques and product roadmap.
- Learn and refine new sales skills with regular Account Executive sales training sessions and continuously learn and develop yourself as a thought leader in the industry.
- Drive sales by managing opportunities in pipeline and closing 3-4 deals per month
- Understand how and when to leverage internal resources such as Solutions Architects, Paddle’s value team and executive leadership to aid in closing deals
- Oversee all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- Achieve Quarterly Sales Goals
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You have proven experience closing in a software or SaaS business, managing multi-threaded sales processes and enterprise deals
- Strong experience in outbound prospecting and generating pipeline within a given territory
- You have experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding your quota
- You have experience selling highly technical products/services and are able to think critically about how to progress a deal
- You are great at liaising with prospective clients in person, over the phone and email.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude which thrives when solving complex challenges and you want to be part of an exceptionally fast-growing company
- You pride yourself on having a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle