Fully flexible hours
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
As an Account Executive (Retain Strategist) selling our suite of SaaS products, you’ll become an expert on the subscription universe across industries and use that knowledge to work through transactional sales cycles with the market’s top brands, including Fortune 500 companies.
What you'll do
• Once our BDR team identifies qualified, prospect client opportunities, you’re responsible for taking over the conversation and relationship building. This position will support our Retain product
• Serve as an expert on our suite of SaaS products, answering client questions on churn, retention, and revenue recognition
• Build rapport and ask digging questions to further qualify client opportunities and establish executive alignment
• Identify stakeholders (Champions, Decision-Makers, Legal, Procurement, Finance, etc.) and determine best practices for navigating and influencing the conversation
• Work collaboratively with other departments across Paddle to ensure product and client alignment
• Improve our sales funnel by bringing your innovative ideas to the table
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
• Have a background in Tech and/or SaaS sales with 1+ years' of experience closing deals. Net new closing preferred
• Are in a role that requires you to know when and how to close, to develop and execute on a joint execution plan, and to create urgency where there may not be urgency organically
• Bring prior experience selling to C-suite, VC, or other stakeholder executives at a company, building trust and connection
• Have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Innately embody a mindset that there’s always more to learn, being unafraid of feedback, and knowing when to ask for help. You feel comfortable in a coaching and mentoring environment.
• Are comfortable working in the gray rather than the black and white, and are excited to work autonomously, proactively asking for guidance when needed, and being a self-starter
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 350 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.