OpenPayd is a leading global payments and banking-as-a-service platform for the digital economy. Through it’s API-driven technology, businesses can embed financial services into their products and create the seamless user experiences needed to drive business growth.
OpenPayd’s platform removes the need to contract with multiple providers for different services and across different markets. Instead, businesses can access accounts, FX, international and domestic payments, acquiring and Open Banking services globally via a single API integration. With licensing across the UK, Europe, Canada and others, OpenPayd is committed to providing businesses with a fully compliant solution across all markets, leaving your business to focus on growth.
Our mission is to ‘To open up banking and payments for business globally, through a modular platform’. We believe that all businesses regardless of their scale or industry should be able to leverage the best payment and banking services. We believe in providing our services through a simple, flexible and scalable platform.
How are we building our teams?
We’re looking for self-starters who are experts in their fields and who are eager to learn new things. Our leadership places a high value on continuous development, both professional and personal. If you join the team, you'll experience a fun and thriving office culture, with perks and events throughout the year.
At OpenPayd we know diversity of thought is crucial for our team to flourish. That’s why we make sure diversity isn’t only considered when hiring, but is part of the process, with diverse hiring panels for every role. We are a workplace where everyone can come to work as themselves and be proud of who they are. Our team already speaks over 20 languages, and that number’s constantly growing. No matter where you’re from, we’ll do everything we can to make you feel at home. Our forums and inclusivity initiatives are designed to support our colleagues to share their ideas and give feedback on their experiences. And in all our offices we also offer flexible working arrangements.
How will you add value to the OpenPayd journey?
- Managing your product’s roadmap based on outcomes and aligned with the wider business roadmap
- Managing and prioritizing your product backlog daily and as part of your team’s agile/lean development processes
- Meeting frequently with sales, ops, marketing, finance, compliance, legal and other stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Capturing product requirements from customers and stakeholders and writing accurate user stories
- Preparing low fidelity wireframes and flow diagrams to bring your user stories to life
- Working with product designers to turn your wireframes into tangible design assets based on user research
- Working in partnership with engineering, brainstorming ideas together and ensuring developers understand WHAT needs to be built and what value does it always have
- Assessing new product ideas and leading product/feature discovery workshops using the desirability, viability, and feasibility framework
- Researching the competition and capturing market insights pertaining to your assigned product area on a regular basis
- Identifying market opportunities and contributing to the wider product vision and business strategy
- Regularly updating the wider organisation on the progress of new product releases
- Providing customer-facing narrative and positioning of features for your product area and contributing to Product Marketing collateral for new product releases
- Gathering post-launch/post-release customer feedback and capturing learnings to adapt the product
- Championing user experience (UX) throughout the organisation
- Setting KPIs for features being delivered. Monitoring assumptions and validating hypotheses
The ideal candidate will have the following
- You have 5+ years of experience in a software product management role
- You have previously managed an API product and are well versed with the needs of the developer community
- You’re naturally curious about solving customer problems and can quickly follow through on your ideas
- You’re focussed on outcomes rather than outputs and can judge a product or feature’s business viability and customer desirability in a matter of minutes
- You embrace change and you have first-hand experience in leading cross-functional teams using agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean, XP)
- You're exceptionally good at synthesizing and conceptualizing information, be it verbally or in writing. The user stories that you have written are a perfect example of this.
- You have written a product requirements spec for a software product at least once in your career, and consider it to be important - a natural extension of your product vision
- You're a self-starter, capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision but you are also a team player at heart
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environments where the answer to a question may not be immediately available and requires a great deal of persistence and perseverance to obtain
- You're that individual that the dev team refers to as the 'businessperson' but the business team refers to as the ‘tech person'. You're the bridge between those two worlds and you are perfectly comfortable with being treated as such.
Our perks and benefits
- Personal training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate discounts via Perk Box
- Travel loan
- Company pension plan
- Health & Life Insurance
- Friday office breakfasts, office fruits and a full bar & regular team social
- 25 days annual leave plus the Bank Holidays, an extra day off for Birthday & Social Volunteering
We’d like you to take a read of our Talent Acquisition Policy which explains how we collect and process your data related activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
Please read our policy carefully. By submitting the application button you will be giving OpenPayd Group companies your consent to use your data in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team
To all recruitment agencies: OpenPayd does not accept speculative agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, OpenPayd employees or any other company location. OpenPayd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. OpenPayd will only accept CV's from the partners with relevant agreement via the People and Talent team only.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options OpenPayd provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure OpenPayd is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at OpenPayd
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I love that the company is trying to be more flexible and getting our feedback to do so by taking action thorough this new policy."
Senior Finance Manager at Openpayd