- In this role you’ll work with our Customer Success and Engineering teams to design, build and implement new product features.
- We are a very fast-growing Series A startup with investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) and Demis Hassabis (founder of DeepMind).
- Base salary of £600-£100k depending on experience, along with equity package.
- Flexible working hours & locations - so long as you can do our core hours of 11am-3pm GMT Mon-Fri, we’re happy.
- Central London office with private roof terrace - though working from home/elsewhere is fine too.
- Enhanced benefits package including (for example) private medical insurance, unlimited holiday allowance, annual retreat, enhanced family and sick leave policies.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
At nPlan we are using pioneering machine learning to help major construction projects run on time and on budget.
A crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working closely with our Customer Success team and Engineering teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last five years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond.
Some of the projects you could be working on:
- Design, build & implement innovative new features on our platform
- Participating in setting the direction of the product
- Support team members through peer code reviews, workshopping ideas etc
- Expanding and developing our internal collection of microservices
- Developing internal tools and libraries to help us scale
- Creating tools to simplify and accelerate the data acquisition process
- Maintaining and expanding our simulation and analysis capabilities
We need you to have:
- Familiar working with version control and collaboration tools (ideally Git & JIRA)
- Experience with API and/or microservice development
- Strong algorithmic & technical design skills
- Interest in Docker and Kubernetes or serverless application deployment
- (bonus) Experience with GraphQL and/or React for the web
- (bonus) Contributions to relevant open source project
- (bonus) Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Maths, or equivalent experience
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application
What working at nPlan will be like:
- There is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What your typical work week will be like:
As a Software Engineer, you can expect to be working with other engineering and product experts across a range of disciplines as part of a product-focused delivery squad. A typical week could involve a mix of focus time developing new features and/or capabilities for our products, code-pairing with other members of your squad to pay back some tech debt, having a 1-1 with your Chapter Lead (mentor), or designing the architecture we'll need for our next goal. We operate in sprints with daily standups and use Slack, Jira, Github, and Google Meet as collaboration tools.
We are working hard to create a workplace that is inclusive to everyone, no matter their background, or where they are in life. We believe that only a truly diverse place can create great products that serve a wide audience and improve the world. We believe in equality of opportunities and that's why we make sure that these ideas are reflected in our values, and that we really apply these in all aspects of our company culture.
If you have a need for any adjustments during our interview process, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.
We asked employees of nPlan how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at nPlan
Gender diversity (male:female)
18.5 million USD in Series A funding
What employees are saying
"I appreciate the flexibility offered and feel that I as long as I do my job well, then where or when I do it isn't that important. I make sure I am available and visible for team and external client engagements because that is important to me."
Anonymous nPlan Employee