As our Senior Product Manager for Insurance you'll be working alongside teams of talented scientists, engineers and design-thinkers that enable the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML products for insurers. We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams, where your passion for robust product development will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Product team, reporting to the Director of Product, you will collaborate across the whole business; from your colleagues in the product team to commercial, design, engineering, research and marketing, to capture the most relevant insights in our commercial relationships and translate them into building and extending innovative products that support and exemplify Mind Foundry’s three pillars. https://www.mindfoundry.ai/
You will take responsibility for both existing and new Mind Foundry products targeted at the Insurance space and work closely with our customers to maintain and extend their value.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage commercial product lifecycles including product definition, requirement gathering, user testing, market testing, go-to-market strategy and business justification.
- Contribute to, and communicate, our product strategy to different parts of the company, presenting product progress to both internal and external stakeholders at regular intervals
- Manage and prioritise specific commercial product roadmaps, ensuring requirements are well defined and understood by members of the development team.
- Explore, expand and define new product opportunities for capabilities explored within our Applied Machine Learning team.
- Represent Mind Foundry externally in presentations or client meetings
- Contribute product pricing and positioning strategies, driven by an understanding of competitors and customers, evaluate product opportunities within our current and intended markets and work across sectors where required, quickly adapting to different market requirements when challenged.
- Testing and validating product ideas and designing solutions
- Lead user workshops and interviews to gather requirements and feedback, sharing key user research findings effectively with broader teams in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner, supporting the company's mission in continuous learning.
- Contribute to product marketing by delivering clear value propositions and messaging
- Assist the Director of Product and the Marketing team with externally facing product communications.
- Keep up to date with emerging challenges/trends in the Responsible AI field, and understand them in relation to the product strategy, value proposition, differentiation.
You'll be committed to Mind Foundry’s mission, its three pillars and to building and maintaining AI technology that enables humans and AI to collaborate to solve the world’s most important problems whilst understanding the future implications of an AI-enabled world, and be attuned to the importance of responsible technology and ethical safeguards.
What you’ll need
- Experience in a Senior Product Management role in a software business, within a start up or scale up is preferred.
- Exposure to with AI and Machine Learning technologies
- In-depth experience of the Insurance industry, across Underwriting, Claims and Pricing. (Knowledge of Telematics-based pricing and underwriting a real plus)
- End-to-end experience solving complex problems from ideation to post-launch through product/technology development
- Experience leading and working in interdisciplinary teams (e.g. designers, software engineers, commercial leads)
- An ability to work quickly and autonomously and make decisions where required
- Communication and leadership skills; ability to work directly with stakeholders and customers at all levels
- You will be willing to share your experience and your skillset and upskill other members of the team in your best skills, and you will search for ways to improve your approaches to learn and move forward quickly.
- You will be self-aware and humble and grow as a member of the Product team, and the wider team at Mind Foundry.
Things that would be nice to have
- Familiarity with the lifecycle of machine learning models including requirements gathering, converting these into actionable tasks, model implementation, validation and deployment.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technical discipline
We understand that no single person can do it all and we don't expect everyone to be an expert in everything listed above.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mind Foundry provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mind Foundry is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I love the flexibility I'm afforded, I have kids and it's never been an issue leaving a meeting or blocking out time in the day for anything personal. As long as the work gets done, everyone just gets on with it."
Anonymous Engineer at Mind Foundry