About the company
Locum’s Nest is an award-winning, market-leading, technology company providing an end-to-end workforce solution to NHS & Private Health organizations. Founded by two junior doctors, its vision is to increase transparency, collaboration and improve care outcomes within our health service, through its intuitive mobile and web multi-product platform used by healthcare professionals and NHS management teams. Locum’s Nest is supporting NHS organizations to work in a more transparent manner and increase engagement of their workforce, in ways ranging from digital shift-matching, staff recruitment, scheduling, communications, data visualization and interoperability.
Featured in the Financial Time’ as one of Europe’s 1000 fastest growing companies’ list, Locum’s Nest has saved hundreds of millions of pounds thus far to the NHS, allowing funds to be directly redeployed into patient care, improving the lives of healthcare workers and patients alike.
About the role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial venture lead who will be responsible for the overall success of a new digital product line. You will be responsible for managing the product's lifecycle from development to product launch, sales and growth through its agile development journey.
The BD lead will be responsible for bringing our company's vision and strategy to life with regards to this new product line and will need to coordinate closely with the engineering, marketing and sales functions of the company as well as the other product lines.
The ideal candidates are open-minded and can make quick and impactful decisions in an uncertain environment with incomplete information. They have practical experience in running, monetizing and scaling new digital ventures
Overall end-to-end responsibility for the commercial success of the product.
- Roadmap: Use existing product capabilities to gather data & feedback and continuously develop a realistic product roadmap which will be in sync with wider KPIs, the rest of our product lines and resource constraints
- Marketing: Develop and implement, in conjunction with a dedicated team, a sound and cost-effective product marketing strategy
- Sales: Contribute significantly to the development and execution of an effective sales strategy
- Strategy: Contribute significantly to the development of product pricing strategies and business plan
- Human Resources: help hire, train, manage and reward a passionate and dedicated multi-disciplinary team
- Budget: Effective distribution of the product’s budget
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years experience in sales/ partnerships/ commercial product/venture management or a related field
- Substantial experience in B2B product marketing and end-user engagement techniques
- Experience in generating and nurturing leads as well as leading sales calls
- Analytical, project management and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work closely with and influence stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions
- High level of comfort with technology and its development
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills
- Will be considered a bonus: experience in market research industries and/or niche social networks
- You have experience owning client relationships
- You have healthcare or health tech experience
- An individual based in the UK
Benefits & perks:
- Competitive compensation package including frequent bonuses
- EMI Shares Options
- Competitive pension and private health insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave with the option to carry over unused days to the following year
- A substantial personal wellness budget allowance to use at your discretion
- Be part of one of the most flexible companies to work for in the world as certified by Flexa for the second year in a row
- Join one of the most diverse teams in the healthtech arena, we have a 50-50 female/male ratio and offer on-going Diversity Equity and Inclusion training
- Generous training budget to ensure our teams keep upskilling
- Annual company all-expenses-paid working conference trip
- Freedom in choice of technical kit
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Locum's Nest provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Locum's Nest is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Locum's Nest
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I couldn't be happier working for Locum's Nest. I feel like management is one step ahead in terms of flexibility and they've encouraged us in everything we've wanted along the way. I strongly believe this is important in our time and we've managed to work like so from the very beginning!"
Anonymous Finance & Operations Manager at Locum's Nest