A little flex time
Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Our customers are successful European companies, like Wefox, Bitpanda, Gorillas, Trade Republic, and many more.
Since our incorporation in 2017, we’ve been listed every year among the TOP 100 Swiss startups and are the first ever Sequoia-funded startup in Switzerland.
With our successful $22m Series B round in September ’22, led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), we aim to empower more growing companies with our platform, make Europe the best place in the world to own equity, and boldly go to where no company has gone before👩🏻🚀🚀
We encourage diversity and are an international team of 63 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages..
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
About the Role:
As Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) you will have the opportunity to lead the way as Ledgy’s first dedicated frontend engineer. You will help shape the direction of Ledgy’s frontend architecture and code base, build cool new features for our users, and contribute to our engineering culture of inclusivity and growth through ongoing learning and mentoring of others.
- You enjoy working in the frontend and have several years experience working with React
- You value mentorship and collaboration: you seek and give respectful and candid feedback and enjoy sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- You have experience scaling complex, high-performance web applications
- You care about quality and testing - you agree that the best way to move fast is to maintain high quality of code
- You are comfortable with or excited to become an expert in our tech stack, which currently consists of: TypeScript, Node, React, GraphQL, Meteor, MongoDB, Jest and Google Cloud Platform
- You are keen to contribute towards building a solid frontend infrastructure for your fellow developers, and have good knowledge of tools for bundling, building, testing, monitoring, and CI/CD for the frontend (Babel, Webpack, Jest, and GitHub Actions)
In the first 30 days:
- Be paired with an onboarding buddy who will help you ramp up in our codebase and introduce you to the world of equity management
- Join your teammates on your first epic
- Get to know Ledgistas both in Product Development and beyond in our daily cafecitos, monthly get togethers, and design your very own personalized Ledgy emoji
In the first 3 months:
- Exchange code reviews with the team
- Profile frontend code to improve load time and performance of core components
- Guide other developers in best practices for building lightweight, fast, and scalable frontend components
- Lead the expansion of our frontend testing framework so that it remains high-quality and robust as we scale
In the first 6 to 12 months:
- Lead the development of a formal UI component design system with our designers
- Be a trusted partner for product management and design, and provide technical leadership on large projects
- Work cross-functionally to scope and plan new projects that best serve our users
- Help grow Ledgy by interviewing candidates for teams across the Engineering organisation
- Help to define processes for collaboration between Engineering, Product, and Design
What you’ll get:
- ✨ Get to know the startup world inside out
- 🪂 Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors, meditation, and space exploration
- 💸 Generous stock options package and salary benchmarking to the industry - we strive to ensure you are compensated fairly
- 🪴 Bi-annual performance conversations - regularly align your personal growth goals with your growth at Ledgy
- 📅 Remote-first processes and flexible working hours - we trust you know when you do your best work
- 🏝️ 25 days of paid vacation (plus any local public holidays)
- 🚵🏽♀️ Work remotely anywhere within your base country (+2 months from abroad)
- 💻 New equipment and budget to build your workspace
- 🎪 Quarterly company off-sites and many optional team activities (game nights, team dinners, etc)
- 🤓 Never stop learning - generous learning & development budget and 2 hours per week allocated to personal development
The interview process:
- CV Review: we review your resume to see if we might be a good fit
- Getting to know you: 30 min chat with a recruiter to talk about your experience and to answer questions about the role
- Technical Screen: 45 minute coding interview with an engineer
- Take-home Challenge: dive into our business domain by solving a fun coding challenge. As a follow-up, meet with a couple of our engineers to review your submission together and discuss feedback.
- Leadership interview - 45 minute chat with our Head of Product Development about your prior accomplishments and the challenges you’ve faced as an engineer
- Culture Interview - a chance to meet one of our founders for a 30 minute chat about Ledgy’s mission and values
- Offer 🎉
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.