Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Ledgy was founded in Switzerland in 2017 – in fact, we were the first ever Swiss company to be backed by Sequoia Capital. 🇨🇭 Today, Ledgy is a pan-European company with offices in London and Berlin as well as our HQ in Zürich.
We are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading investors. New Enterprise Associates led our $22m Series B round in 2022, with Jonathan Golden joining Sequoia’s Luciana Lixandru on our board. We are now focused on building incredible equity experiences for companies and teams, to make Europe the best place in the solar system to own equity 👩🏻🚀🚀
We encourage diversity and are an international team of 72 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
As Product Counsel at Ledgy, your mission will be to provide legal and regulatory guidance to the product development and other stakeholders on all phases of the product development life cycle. You will support CX as they navigate complex equity questions from clients and will act as the in-house equity expert and work cross-functionally to support on all equity topics.
This is a high impact role with the opportunity to collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, marketers, and CX in a fast growing company. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will be a trusted partner to the leadership team and be an integral part of the legal team.
Short-term goals (3 to 6 months):
- Work alongside the product development team to ensure product can best support customers’ varying legal and regulatory requirements (across Europe)
- Provide legal counsel to the CX team as they navigate and advise customers on various equity related questions
- Stay up to date on legislation, regulations, and relevant industry developments in order to provide ongoing sound compliance advice on all equity related maters
- Manage external legal advisors who work with the product development team
Long-term goals (6 to 12 months):
- Influence and guide product development
- Provide insights into how we can work within the law to improve product experience for our customers
- Be a vocal thought leader on employee equity in Europe
- Join high-stakes customer calls to create trust in our expertise
- Monitor and improve Ledgy’s employee equity plan
- Expertly manage legal risk across Ledgy
The job is a good fit if you:
- Are a qualified lawyer with at least 3+ years of experience advising companies on equity
- Are a risk taker who thinks that lawyers don’t innovate enough. You believe products will automate many legal processes in the future and want to be part of that future
- Are knowledgeable on equity related matters in either the German, Swiss, and/or UK legal landscape
- Are able to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- Have prior experience of working in a startup (not a requirement but a plus)
- Are comfortable working cross-functionally in a hybrid environment
- Are proactive, self-motivated, and have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
Please note: within CH and UK we hire via our own entity, whilst outside of these countries we are able to offer employment opportunities via a global payroll service provider. Currently, we’re not able to accommodate freelancing agreement contracts.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Ledgy provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Ledgy is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Ledgy
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I love working for Ledgy! The mood in the office is great and everyone gets along really well. Our management team fully supports flexible hours and remote working. Most of our team members were scattered all across Europe during the summer. Totally part of our company culture!"
Anonymous Ledgy Employee