Fully flexible hours
💶 Salary - £90,000 - £110,000 per annum
❤️ Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture. Check out our Employee Guide for more detail!
Drive your own experience 🙌
📚 Learning and Development - £1,000 learning budget each year + unlimited learning leave to drive your own development.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours - You have the choice to work in the way that brings out the best in you whether you're an early bird or night owl.
🏢 Distributed working - £500 WFH allowance and co-working Spaces pass.
💻 Technology - Your choice of Mac or Windows via Hofy.
📮 Surprises - Letterbox gifts.
Empowering you to be your most authentic self ✨
🏖 25 Holiday Days + your local bank holidays — because we're global like that, thanks Omnipresent
🎂 1 Birthday day - ****unless you're the Queen and get 2! 👑
🏠 1 Life Event day - to recognise life's big moments like a wedding, graduation, moving house
🛌 2 Duvet days - to press the pause button and reset mentally, no questions asked
🙏🏼 Religious Celebrations Leave — time to celebrate what's important to you, regardless of your faith or where you are in the world
💜 Compassionate Leave — up to 5 days time off or more if you lose a loved one, regardless of who it is - whether you've miscarried or lost a pet, you don't need to tell us why
⛅ Seasonal Hours — 2 hour lunch breaks on Tues & Thurs in Winter ❄️, we finish at 2pm on Fridays in Summer ☀️
🧠 Mental Healthcare - Unlimited qualified therapy-based support through Oliva
🤕 Paid sick leave - Enhanced sick pay up to 40 days each rolling year
UK Learnerbees 🇬🇧
🤒 Income Protection - 75% of your salary covered for 3 years if you become ill long term
👩🏾⚕️ Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 5 cover with SimplyHealth, you get money back when you spend on health appointments e.g. physio, dental, optician + more
💰 Pension — Learnerbly matches 4% of your salary into your pension pot to help you save for the future
🎉 About Us
Our mission is to be the most inspiring learning platform for people and organisations around the world. We are a team of 60+ and over the last four years, we’ve built a SaaS-enabled marketplace curated from 200+ of the best learning providers. So far, we’ve supported thousands of employees from fast growing tech scale-ups and progressive businesses like GoCardless, IDEO, Curve, Treatwell and Freetrade to power their learning culture. We've only just started our journey to help unlock everyone's full potential.
Read more about us here, find out what we’re talking about on our blog or see how we empower companies to commit to a culture of learning during Furlough in the UK!
🙌 The role
We are looking for a talented user-centric Tech Lead who cares about Learning. Reporting to our Head of Engineering you will be working within a cross-functional “full ownership” team. You will have a voice in every step of the process of building products from ideation, design, architecture, code, deployment and maintenance.
We are growing our platform 10x in the next year and so you will focus your time around helping team/s make good decisions to build applications that scale. We are constantly looking at improving our processes, architectures and technologies, as we continue to grow and face new challenges. You will have plenty of opportunities to help drive technical decisions for your team and the department at large.
If the above sounds like something that you may be interested in then read on to find out more. Even if you don’t hit all the points below we would still love to hear why you could be a great addition to us here at Learnerbly!
🤩What you'll be getting up to:
- You will help manage technical standards and processes within a team as well as collaborating with other Leads to align across the engineering organisation.
- You will provide technical leadership, mentoring and support to other engineers.
- You will help set long term strategy of the technology and how it is architected.
- You enable decisions to be made by others in your team, at the right level.
- You will be breaking down problems into manageable pieces, identifying risks and potential unknowns.
📚Our Tech Stack
- AWS/Serverless Framework
- Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, ElasticSearch, MySQL, CloudFront
✅This role will be a great fit if
- You are comfortable organising, leading and facilitating technical discussions.
- You are a keen learner and regularly share your learnings with others.
- You contribute to the wider tech community or would like to in the future.
- You are happy focusing on high level problems and spending less time in the code.
- You are able to communicate effectively with a diverse team.
- You have a user-centric approach to delivering software.
Throughout our hiring process, we want people to give examples of the outcomes they've achieved rather than focussing on output. What? How? Why? Tell us more about your thinking process and the results you did, or didn't, deliver.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, tell us about your journey, and about what you learnt.
So, if this role excites you, don't let our role description hold you back, get applying!
🪄 Hiring Process
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
💛 Our Values
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture. Values are shared beliefs that guide our decision-making, culture is how we function as a group and how we live our values as individuals.
- Always Grow: We are curious and continuously take ourselves out of our comfort zone to spark new ways to develop ourselves, and each other. We humbly respond to feedback and proactively share advice with others to reveal new insights and accelerate growth. We proactively share what we learn and seek the contrary opinion in the room to diversify perspectives.
- Include Intentionally: We go the extra mile to include diverse perspectives in everything we do, to create an environment where everyone can belong. We deliberately default to trust and embrace everyone, to create a safe space to share our thoughts and make mistakes to learn from. We bring our best authentic selves to the party, to live more fulfilling lives.
- Create Impact: We think big and bold, and use our resourcefulness to bring solutions to the table and achieve Learnerbly goals. We experiment and deliver fast, and take pride in the quality of our work to drive the best outcome for our user. We set boundaries and prioritise ruthlessly to protect our time, focus, and wellbeing, so we can perform sustainably.
- Win Together: We are accountable to ourselves and each other, we communicate clearly and simply to drive alignment and enable action. We make the time to support others and are able to ask for help when it's needed to move forward as a team. We celebrate each other's successes because when we win, we win together. And if we don't win, we learn together.
Find more about how we operate at Learnerbly with a menu à la carte: explore all or specific parts of our Employee Guide, a window into how we think and work compiling internal practices, and which we use as a living knowledge base.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At Learnerbly, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities should be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation.
It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, caring responsibilities, neurodiversity, or otherwise.
Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Learnerbly. We strive to embed it not just into our values but throughout our entire culture.