A little flex time
Full-Stack Developer (Python/Django)
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 90+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Developer with experience of building web applications to join our team at Ito World. As a key member of the team, you will be working in an environment that values your enthusiasm and ideas as well as your development skills and experience.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be:
- Building web applications using the Django framework
- Creating and extending Django packages
- Working as part of an Agile/Scrum team
- Interpreting project requirements to build technical solutions
As well as these, you will be expected to demonstrate best practices for the software development process, including unit testing, code reviews and documentation.
Skills & attributes you need to have
We would expect you to have the necessary skills in the following areas:
- Python and Django in a commercial environment
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Implementation of UI/UX designs
- REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Working as part of an Agile/Scrum development team
You will also need to be a good communicator, who is self motivated and has an eye for attention to detail. As a team we are passionate about the quality of our software, not just how it's written but also how it's tested and deployed.
What would be desirable
Other skills that would be desirable include Jira (or some other sprint/issue tracking system), Git, Docker, CI and cloud based systems. Some experience with front-end web frameworks such as Angular or React would also be desirable.
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.