Core hours 11 - 3
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Senior Product Manager, Payments role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And it’s not just our product that’s innovative: we’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks - so you can work the way that’s best for you.
We're proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London's best startups to work at in 2022, one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021. With backing from the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and a product that’s attracting global attention, now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
About the role:
We’re hiring someone to shape what payments will look like in the hotel industry for the next 50 years.
Impala controls the payment flow of all hotel bookings made using our API (and within 5 years that will be 30%+ of all hotel bookings). This necessitates us receiving payment from the traveller and distributing commissions to both sides of the market (travel agent and hotel).
To date, the operations part of our payments flow has been handled by Finance and the product part by Product. We’re creating a new Payments team that reports directly to the Head of Product which will oversee Payment Operations and our Payment and future Fintech products.
You’ll lead that team, initially as an IC with the ability to add headcount where/when needed but overtime building our payments product.
- Have ultimate responsibility for every payment made at Impala.
- Define our payment strategy, the who, when and how we pay the world.
- Create our payment product roadmap, defining our route to being the vertical bank for the hotel industry.
- Work extremely closely with our Head of Product and Head of Finance on a day-to-day basis.
- Build the Payment Organisation over time to handle the massive volume of transactions we’ll encounter.
- Shape and decide Impala’s payment stack.
- Produce reporting and analysis of our payment flow.
Check in with us if this sounds like you:
- You have a deep understanding of different payment models and providers, especially those relevant to marketplaces.
- You have an ability to manage a suite of products working alongside engineers and product managers to deliver product improvement.
- You have great interpersonal skills, this role requires a lot of key stakeholder management.
- You have an ability to clearly map and communicate processes for managing complex problems.
- You understand scenario modelling and are happy fiddling about with Google Sheets to see how different payment scenarios affect the business.
- You have advanced data skills (SQL/excel etc). Shouldn’t need an analyst to do their reporting.
- You have cash flow management experience.
We’re not the right fit if…
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and being told what to do.
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you.
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture, and here to find out more about our benefits.
More on Remote-first
We like to shout about our remote-first way of working. That’s because it goes to the very heart of who we are: it means we can attract the best talent, no matter where people are based - and allow them to set their own terms so they can do their best work. It allows us to prioritise work-life balance and mental health, while fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).