Core hours 11 - 3
Thanks for checking out our job description for our Marketing Operations Associate at Impala. We’re proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
More about Impala
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
We’re looking for a motivated and versatile Marketing Operations Associate who is hungry to give the travel industry a wake-up call. Impala’s new tech is shaking up the travel tech space: we’re going to be making a lot of noise, and we need the right person to join our team to develop our marketing tech stack, reporting, and processes.Analytics and Reporting will be one of the core pillars of this role and a key foundation of success for the broader marketing function. We’re looking for a strategic and innovative thinker who can use their own experience, ideas and problem-solving skills to lead an exceptional MarOps programme.
Secondly, managing and getting the most from our Tech Stack, working closely with the wider company Commercial Operations function. You’ll also be suggesting, onboarding, and integrating new technologies as we scale.
Although you’ll have a focus on the above, you need to be comfortable with broad day-to-day marketing activities, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. You will be responsible in:
- Becoming the go-to expert on Impala’s marketing technology stack, lead management process, and data infrastructure, and be aware of new technologies that may be of benefit
- Developing a strong understanding of email marketing best practices
- Acting as a consultant to the broader marketing organisation, advising on all things marketing data and technology
- Working with the Director, Demand Generation to define reporting processes, enabling marketing to track and analyse all campaigns with weekly reporting and provide recommendations based on trends and behaviour
- Troubleshooting data issues, effectively communicating impact, resolution, and associated timelines
- Working hand-in-hand with Commercial Operations to ensure seamless hand-off between Marketing and Sales functions
- Building, testing and launching marketing programmes based on industry best practices and internally created framework
- Partnering with Demand Generation, Field Marketing, and Sales teams to enhance and optimise the lead management process and automation, ensuring timely distribution of leads to sales team, and ensure correct database segmentation
- Serving as the data steward for marketing, ensuring reporting accuracy across all platforms and lead lifecycle integrity as leads move from Marketo to SFDC
You should join us if you are:
- A self-starter, comfortable with working in a fast-paced, 'let's do it' environment
- Looking to quickly grow their role and progress either as an Individual Contributor or a Manager.
- Strategically minded, but happy to deliver tactical tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- A proactive and innovative thinker on best practices.
- Highly data-driven, with demonstrable examples of analytical behaviours/roles
- Keen on ideation and enjoys testing new concepts.
- Passionate about technology and travel.
- Prioritising culture and flexible working when they’re looking at new opportunities.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and getting told what to do.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
Life and Logistics
Right-click on this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.