Core hours 11 - 3
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in the Customer Operations Associate - French Speaking role at Impala.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry for the better – rebuilding its infrastructure from the ground up. This is a huge task that requires the brightest minds from travel, tech and beyond.
Our platform and APIs are breaking down the old walls of bad tech, slow integration and high costs that have held back the travel industry. And it’s not just our product that’s innovative: we’ve built a high-performance environment that’s attracting the sharpest talent and empowering people to do their life’s work. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, with unique tools, benefits and cultural hallmarks - so you can work the way that’s best for you.
We're proud to be Tempo’s number 4 in London's best startups to work at in 2022, one of Otta’s 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021, and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021. With backing from the investors behind the likes of Monzo, Airbnb and Deliveroo, and a product that’s attracting global attention, now’s the time to join Impala if you’re looking for a role at the forefront of reimagining a multi-trillion dollar industry.
About the role:
You will be responsible for managing bookings on our platform, ensuring a positive experience for the guest, hotels, and our customers. You will work closely with the Support and Product team to communicate user feedback, flag any technical issues and develop internal processes and tools to help us scale. Being one of the first members of the team, you will be instrumental in optimising all aspects of the booking experience.
This role will work in shifts of 9 hours a day (including a 1-hour lunch break). In the hours between 7am until 10pm and includes weekends. 2 days off a week always.
Check in with us if this sounds like you:
- You have experience working in hotel reservations or an OTA/corporate travel platform
- You are an excellent communicator and are familiar with using various channels such as email, phone and chat
- You are incredibly customer-centric and champion their requests by escalating issues and raising customer concerns
- You have excellent time management skills, can easily analyse issues, prioritise tasks and own processes from end-to-end
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with multiple teams but can also work independently
- You are excited by a role that evolves with the business, where every week is different from the last one
- You are fluent french speaker
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom
We’re not the right fit if…
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and being told what to do.
- Our mission is to reimagine the infrastructure that powers travel, and that means shaking up a $1.6 trillion industry that’s crying out for change. You could be part of that journey.
- #4 best startup to work for in London according to headhunter Tempo. One of 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021 says recruitment firm Otta.
- We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. It’s a must-have, not a nice-to-have.
- Call it David vs Goliath. We love that our product challenges the status quo and can give a leg-up to smaller players.
- Our talent is far flung, yet closely connected. Our work environment offers flexibility and a far better work-life balance.
- Remote-first since 2017 – and proud. As one of the OG’s in this field, our approach is centred around making work work for you.
- We’re growing fast, so you can chart your own career path here – the sky’s the limit.
- Our eye-opening benefits and statutory leave package is first-class.
- Click here to find out more about our culture, and here to find out more about our benefits.
More on Remote-first
We like to shout about our remote-first way of working. That’s because it goes to the very heart of who we are: it means we can attract the best talent, no matter where people are based - and allow them to set their own terms so they can do their best work. It allows us to prioritise work-life balance and mental health, while fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).