Hofy is looking for a Legal Counsel to advise on intricate global issues as we build our global workforce.
The role will be the first of its kind, so we are looking for someone to develop processes and influence the organisation’s direction as a whole.
- UK remote role - Reporting to the CEO
- Join Hofy as the first Legal Counsel to advise on a variety of interesting global problems
- Great role for someone who has been in-house before and is looking for the next step with more ownership
About the role
The Legal Counsel will have a very wide reach of influence in the organisation as there are a variety of projects and initiatives to advise on.
- Advise on all corporate and commercial matters, such as international trading, group structuring, and commercial contracts.
- Structure, draft and negotiate commercial documents with clients and suppliers.
- Liaise and build relationships with appropriate external counsel across the globe as we continue our global expansion.
- Potential to build a Legal team from scratch, and take ownership of all the processes and structures for that team.
UK-Qualified preferred, but can also be US-Qualified as well. You will need to have experience in-house - in either secondment or in a role - as we require someone who can hit the ground running and ramp up quickly.
- At least 6 years PQE experience - can be a mixture of law firm and in-house, but the in-house experience is a must
- Understand business needs and wants to create solutions for a wide range of requirements.
- Strong commercial background with an understanding of wider business topics, such as contracts, employment law, tax etc.
- A hands-on attitude and the potential to lead a legal team in time.
- Agile and able to adapt and prioritise quickly and appropriately with the pace of a fast-growing start-up.
- Experience in a SaaS company is a plus.
We are on a mission to create a world where there are no geographical boundaries to brilliant work - and we believe brilliant work starts with having a safe and productive working environment. That is why we built Hofy - to turn the hours that companies spend delivering and managing equipment to remote workers across the globe, into just a few clicks via a simple SaaS platform.
Hofy provides the infrastructure and tools that every company needs (including an equipment webstore, asset tracking software, and digital workstation assessments) to set their new hires up for productive work at home, address any equipment issues fast, and streamline their global provisioning process.
We achieve all of this by living our values:
- The customer comes first
- Do as promised
- Build things right
Join our journey to change the working world!
At Hofy, we practice what we preach. We believe that creating a truly global employee experience for our clients starts with us. We need as many perspectives as possible, and we see our individual differences and diverse backgrounds as our superpowers.
We want you to bring your best self to work and to feel like you truly belong. We never discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, disability (visible on non-visible).