Fully flexible hours
hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Web Developer who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- Interpret client requirements and suggest development approaches
- Recognise problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with other colleagues
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings (or be prepared to learn)
- Work with design and UX colleagues to successfully implement app designs
- Contribute to the continual development of our internal development processes
- Assist with the technical architecture and approach for projects
- Contribute to the estimation of time and delivery of projects
- 2+ years commercial experience with React JS
- Comfortable with latest HTML5 and CSS3 methods, including flexbox and css grid; Object Oriented CSS using and atomic approach leveraged with SASS and BEM; Framework experience, Foundation preferred but experience with other, eg Bootstrap etc is acceptable
- Some experience of working with Storybook, REST API or GraphQL
- Up to date knowledge of the latest features of React including Hooks and Context API
- An understanding of and experience using the latest features of JS / ECMAScript
- Good understanding of accessibility and how to implement into a web app ensuring the web is accessible for all
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good react web application
- A solid understanding of networks, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a web app consumes them
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Willingness to participate in our code/peer review processes
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing services.
- Monthly socials and annual Summer and Christmas parties.
Stage 1: Introductory chat with our Talent Acquisition advisor, Holly (30 minutes)
Stage 2: Take home tech test (nothing too intense!!)
Stage 3: Introduction and interview with our Senior Web Developer, Steven (45 minutes)
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Holly Orange, Talent Acquisition Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility. We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options hedgehog lab provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure hedgehog lab is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at hedgehog lab
Gender diversity (male:female)
Newcastle UK, Boston US
What employees are saying
"I have been with the company since before the global pandemic, and now coming out the other side, I'm really happy with the direction hedgehog are moving towards with their flexible policies. It's a great environment to work in as they're always supportive with me and very communicative with their benefits."
Anonymous Product Manager