POSITION: Flexible, home based role [100% / 90% / 80% time pro-rata]
LOCATION: Remote - occasional trips to the office in London (4-8 times a year)
SALARY: Competitive, depending on experience
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower patients and families affected by mental health, autism and ADHD conditions to support long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home.
You can find out more about us by clicking here!
- As one of our first few frontend engineers joining the team this is an exciting opportunity to work with others in building out great user experiences for our clinicians and clients using modern technologies (TypeScript, Next.js, React-Query, Tailwind)
- You will collaborate in a cross functional team to design and develop high impact features and improvements to our product and design library.
- Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Not only will you craft code that meets these standards, you will also maintain these standards through code review and mentorship.
- Learn from, collaborate with, and mentor other Engineers. We believe everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- Experience managing CSS in large complex applications using modern tooling
- Knowledgeable about latest React best practices and and state management techniques
- Familiar with testing frameworks and practices (Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, Karma, Mocha, Jasmine or similar)
- Develops software with eye on security, scalability, accessibility and quality
- Enthusiastic about creating excellent user experiences
- A demonstrated habit of continuous learning to stay abreast of new technologies and trends with a passion for sharing knowledge and ideas with peers
- Flexibility to support our mission of bringing healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere
- A commitment to ethical practice and adherence to the highest standards of safeguarding of adults/children
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
“Do the right thing” is one of our core values at Healios. And building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels supported is absolutely the right thing to do.
Whether we’re developing a new service line or enhancing one of our products, we need people with different skills, backgrounds, identities and perspectives to ensure our innovations will work for the children and young people we are here to serve. By embracing diversity, we can deliver better care experiences and outcomes, while tackling the inequalities in healthcare provision that exist today.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday & Life Leave days
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Fully personalised flexible benefits package
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible, home based role
- Free GitHub Co-Pilot
- Choice of laptop, plus an allowance to purchase additional equipment
- CPD/Growth day per year, plus personal development allowance to invest in your growth
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support.
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.
We asked employees of Healios how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Healios
Gender diversity (male:female)
15% Male - 80% Female - 2% Non-Binary