Remote-first - with co-working space
A little flex time
Neurodevelopmental Practitioner for ADHD
Full/Part Time (minimum of 22.5 hours per week)
Service operating hours 8am-9pm 7 days a week
LOCATION: Fully remote
SALARY: up to £40,000
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower patients and families affected by mental health, autism and ADHD conditions to support long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home.
You can find out more about us by clicking here!
Our Neurodevelopmental Clinical team is the biggest in the UK and our aim is to provide high quality diagnostic assessments as well as in some areas, offering post-diagnostic support to help children, young people and their families understand their diagnosis.
Healios Neurodevelopment Service clinicians have a central and vital role within the company, delivering assessments and intervention to neurodiverse individuals and their families. This position is an opportunity to develop into an ADHD Practitioner, undertaking assessments and post diagnostic interventions.
You will be supported by experienced staff to develop the skills required to effectively assess for ADHD and associated neurodevelopmental disorders.
The role requires at least 2 years of post-qualification experience of working with ADHD clients and their families, with a robust understanding of ADHD and its presentation in children and young people. Experience of completing comprehensive professional reports and contributing to MDT forums and meetings is also required.
Healios’ structured assessments involve sessions conducted ‘face-to-face’ via the Healios bespoke online platform. Following training and with appropriate support in place, you will be working autonomously to conduct elements of the assessment.
It would be beneficial to identify in your application if you have experience of conducting other neurodevelopmental assessments.
To be successful in this role, below is what we would need from you:
- Clinical qualification and registration in Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nursing, Speech and Language Therapy or Psychology (Educational, Counselling, Clinical or Forensic)
- Hold up to date registration with HCPC, BABCP, ACP, NMC, SWE, SCW, SSSC or NISCC
- An excellent understanding of ADHD and how this presents in children and young people
- At least 2 years of post-qualification experience of working with people with ADHD
- Experience of delivering ADHD post diagnostic support and intervention
- A high standard of report writing
- Real passion for supporting people to improve their lives
- A desire to become part of a collaborative environment and share knowledge and learning for the benefit of all
- A curious mind-set that underpins your continuous drive to challenge the status quo for achieving better outcomes
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carer and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Flexibility to support our mission of bringing healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere
- A commitment to ethical practice and adherence to the highest standards of safeguarding of adults/children
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday Leave
- "Life Leave" - 2 days of extra leave to take when things you can't plan for happen
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Fully personalised flexible benefits package including; Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, EAP Service, Critical Illness Cover, employee discount and savings portal, Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Scheme and Wine Club!
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible, home based role
- Company laptop, monitor and keyboard, plus an allowance to purchase additional equipment
- CPD/Growth day per year, plus personal development allowance to invest in your growth
- Bespoke Healios Training, including schedule of monthly CPD for clinicians
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.