Remote-first - Work from anywhere
A little flex time
Use your financial flair to empower game-changing technologies
Do you love wielding your financial talents to help a wide variety of interesting clients? Do you have a passion for numbers, an eye for detail, and a flair for client relationships? Do you want to work in an autonomous environment where you’ll have the license to achieve results your way?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in grants, R&D tax credits and loans. We work with some of the UK’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities, and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to expand our R&D Tax Team.
That’s where you come in!
As Senior R&D Consultant, you’ll be helping GrantTree’s clients file a maximised, fully-compliant claim for R&D Tax Credits. You'll share your experience and deep understanding of the R&D Tax Relief scheme with the team, and conduct significant pre-sales work. You'll also assist our Enquiry Defence team, helping new and existing clients resolve HMRC compliance checks.
In a typical week you might:
- Work closely with our client’s founders and technical leads to prepare the financial aspects of their R&D claims.
- Proactively provide advice to clients on legal and legislative changes to the R&D Tax Credits scheme.
- Connect with internal stakeholders on internal and external deadlines.
- Suggest refinements to our R&D Tax Credits delivery process, helping to improve our clients’ experience.
- Attend regular meetings and assist in generating solutions to our clients’ R&D tax matters.
- Assess the impact of changes in the tax law on your client book.
- Availability for a full-time position
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an R&D tax role
- Advanced experience in delivering tax credits claims, or equivalent, including in-depth knowledge of the CIRD and BIS guidelines beyond what typically qualifies and how relief is calculated.
- Intermediate knowledge of non-R&D specific tax legislation such as Group Relief.
- Experience in servicing a large client book of clients featuring both SMEs and large companies and in delivering more value to these clients.
- Confident working on tight deadlines while maintaining high service levels with keen attention to detail.
For this role, the salary will be £35,000- £50,000 depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, so, whilst we encourage you to come in and collaborate with your team, there’s no pressure for you to be in the office once your probationary period has been completed. You can work from wherever you are most productive, including our beautiful office in the heart of Shoreditch.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a quarterly cash incentive
- Summer Fridays - get Friday afternoons off in the summer
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. Take a look at GrantTree’s profile on Flexa.careers. You’ll see that it’s really important to us to offer a supportive, inclusive, flexible and transparent environment where people are trusted to work autonomously. And you’ll see how our team rated us on that too!
Please answer these questions in the application form or in your cover letter:
- How much exposure have you had to UK R&D tax relief?
- Why are you interested in working at GrantTree?
- What dynamics do you look for in a team and why?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?