Remote-first - Work from anywhere
A little flex time
Establish relationships with the UK’s most ambitious companies
Do you thrive on talking to companies building exciting technology? Do you get excited about meeting future unicorns?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is an innovation funding consultancy specialising in Innovate UK grants, R&D Tax Credits, and Debt Funding. We work with some of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximize their government funding opportunities and reach new levels of growth. We have ambitious plans for 2022 and are looking for bright, motivated, and conscientious people to expand our Client Acquisition Team.
That’s where you come in!
As our Inbound Sales Consultant, you’ll be responsible for managing the inbound lead pipeline for all of GrantTree’s services. You’ll be trusted to be the first point of contact for many of our most promising new business inquiries and to portray GrantTree in the best possible light in every one of your interactions. We’ll expect you to gain a deep understanding of the R&D Tax Credits scheme, the UK’s innovation grant funding landscape. UK grant funding and the particulars of our offering. We’ll ask you to delve into prospects’ plans and technical work, determine their eligibility for our services, and connect suitable candidates to the appropriate service.
You’ll be trained on all GrantTree’s sales tools, putting your newly mastered craft to work in finding new business opportunities, running your own campaigns, chasing down prospects, and building relationships with GrantTree’s prospects to prompt more sales. Lastly, as part of our rapidly growing team, we’ll look to you to help enhance our processes and to execute your improvements across our pipeline.
On a typical day you might:
- Field 10 new business enquiries
- Host an exploratory call with a new business prospect, exploring the nature of their R&D, carrying out research beforehand, and involving other members of the client acquisition team when necessary
- Discuss a campaign idea you have developed with our commercial directors
- Provide feedback to our marketing team on the kind and quality of leads you are seeing through our inbound channels
- Work with our Grants and Tax Credits teams to find funding opportunities for a cutting-edge company
- Religiously update our CRM, recording all deals and scheduled activities for the week
- A passion for growing companies and the tech industry
- Has navigated a CRM before (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive)
- A self-starter who will stay motivated while working flexibly
- Demonstrable experience in handling a volume of enquiries
- Client facing experience will put you in good stead, bonus if that has been in sales
- Availability for a full-time position
Salary and Benefits
For this role, the basic salary will be £25,000-£32,000, depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working. So, outside of your three-month training period, where we will expect you to be in the office 2-3 days a week, you can work from wherever you are most productive.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Friday afternoons off over summer (4.5 day working week)
- Training & development budget
- Premium subscriptions for wellness and financial support
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan if you choose to be office based
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- EMI scheme (launching soon) and a quarterly cash incentive
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply
Please answer these questions in the application form or in your cover letter:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- How do you “wow” potential clients when you interact with them?
- How many calls and meetings do you manage per day?
- What attributes or dynamics do you look for in a team and why?
- What does trust mean to you?