📍Based in our Sheffield office 4 days per week, 1 day remote/wfh
plus - once a month travel to each of our London HQ and Lincoln offices, paid for by Goodlord. This would be in place of your Sheffield office day(s) not your remote day. (more info available on this!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience. And we know in order to achieve this we need to continue setting the pace by being a Great Place to Work. We need a People Coordinator who can ensure that our Goodlordians have a great environment to work from and a consistent experience that they can enjoy, regardless of location.
(Please note we are a People team not a HR team but the best match on the system was 'HR' and we wanted to make sure the right people, you, saw our job as we think it's pretty great!)
This role is T-shaped, you’ll support our People Partners and Operations Lead in general People Team activities across the business and you’ll have a close working relationship with the Business Leads of our Sheffield and (future) Lincoln Offices.
This is a busy and varied role and you will work with energy and pace; you will have a passion for all things people and a strong eye for detail. Your role will focus on the following elements.
People processes: Onboarding
- Help give Goodlordians the best possible start by proactively supporting the onboarding process, from setting up desks to arranging new starter packs and helping new joiners get set up on systems - you’ll be the friendly face in the Sheffield office that will run onboarding, in-person right to work checks etc.
- Running probation check-ins for multiple teams across the whole Goodlord business including prompting Managers when probation reviews are due and coaching them through probation conversations.
Office Coordination (Sheffield & in the future - Lincoln hub)
- Create & run in-office engagement activities - including support for our weekly All Hands meeting.
- Ensure office supplies, including snacks & stationery are well stocked
- Act as the go-to person for People & Office related queries.
- Play a key role in the new office set up (it is expected that we will be moving offices at some point within the next 9 months); this will be a sleeves rolled up project to ensure that our new offices are a great place to work.
- Booking travel and hotels as needed.
- Ensure in-office health and safety requirements are in place; acts as responsible person for fire safety etc.
People Processes: Operations
- Owner of People Requests mailbox - triaging incoming requests (action yourself, escalate to People Partners or request through to People Co-ordinator or Payroll Manager).
- Ensuring all people activities that drive changes to payroll (joiners, leavers, salary changes, sickness, parental leave) are captured and locked into Payroll data capture spreadsheet.
- Fortnightly qa audit - matching people changes to Personio (HRIS) entries
- Support People Operations Administrator in ensuring new joiner processes are well managed - this will mean pitching in during peak hiring times.
- Tracking contractors as part of our monthly headcount reporting process.
People Processes: Business Partnering
- Carry out exit interviews as directed by People Partners, write up exit interview notes and perform analysis and recommendations on interview outcomes.
- As part of your development we will provide you with opportunities for further learning, this will be: getting involved in managing absence processes, employee relations processes and cases as well as coordinating our engagement agenda (culture clubs and wider engagement initiatives across Goodlord Group)
You should apply if you:
- You have previous People/HR or transferable experience in a scale-up or fast moving company; you have effectively operated in a highly-visible front line role with a range of internal customers who would have described you as an integral member of the team.
- You’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- You love working with people - you get on with everyone and anyone - you thrive in an environment that requires an outgoing and collaborative approach.
- You are able to work collaboratively within the People team and other Stakeholders - always willing to pitch in and support your team mates
- Change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and are expert in finding quick, practical solutions to issues as they arise.
- You have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
- You have strong attention to detail and proven analytical skills.
It would also be great if:
- Ideally you have experience in some ER casework
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for
- volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Strictly NO agencies please - we have trusted partners we use should we need extra support
Unfortunately we cannot provide sponsorship on this role.
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)