📍Remote, with once a month (paid) travel to our HQ in East London or our office in Sheffield!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Collections Specialist reporting directly to the Project Lead - All Bills Included, to help us achieve this.
Our Collections Specialist will aim to maximise the recovery of utility & management fees arrears by the development and implementation of recovery strategies for each arrears case.
Working as part of a small team, you will be working alongside our customer support heroes and partner utility suppliers, you will be solely responsible for speaking with our customers and clients regarding outstanding payments, and arranging for the payments to be brought up to date or collecting the payment over the phone.
Applying excellent attention to detail, ensuring good housekeeping of records and notes, dealing with tenants or occupants in arrears and some general enquiries.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Contribute to the identification criteria of arrears cases
- Reviewing all accounts with arrears and agree plans with tenants
- Monitoring arrears performance
- Managing all utility arrears cases through to litigation
- Dealing with high volumes of incoming & outgoing calls
- Data entry and system updates
- Managing your own time and working to deadlines
- Work in line with company policies, procedures and timescales
You should apply if:
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- You understand what good customer service looks like
- You have strong numerical skills
- You are target driven and thrive in meeting and exceeding targets
- You are tech savvy, and are able to pickup and work with multiple technologies and systems
- You are able to help create, devise and implement process improvements
It would also be great if:
- You have experience of consumer collections or rent collections
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 2500 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 300 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions.
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
Unfortunately we cannot provide sponsorship on this role.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I feel I have a brilliant balance between working hard and still enjoying my own time, without feeling stressed or worrying about work."
Anonymous Development Manager at Goodlord
More roles at Goodlord
- Junior Telesales Agent - Remote First (Sheffield Base Office)
- Junior Telesales Agent - Remote First (London Base Office)
- Sales Executive (Vouch)
- Customer Support Representative (Vouch)
- Telesales Agent - Remote First
- Telesales Agent - Remote First (Sheffield Base Office)
- Telesales Agent - Remote First (London Base Office)
- Finance Assistant (Financial Support Team) - Hybrid Role