Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
Your Mission (what we want this role to accomplish and the impact it will have)
As the Learning Experience Design (LXD) Manager at FourthRev, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives by leading our LXD team who design world class educational experiences that help every learner to achieve their career goals within the digital economy.
Working here you will form part of the leadership of our Programme Development function, leading on the support, enablement and empowerment of our LXD team. You will work in close collaboration with Project Management, Media Production, Learning Technology and Quality Control/Assurance teams to champion our educational philosophy and pedagogic model, and help us to achieve key long-term quality and productivity objectives.
What your day to day will look like with us (responsibilities & structure of this role)
- Support and enable the entire Learning Experience Design (LXD) function to meet key design and development goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure programme teams are enabled to meet quality standards, at cost and in time.
- Line manage a team of Lead LXDs and take overall leadership responsibility for all LXD roles
- Set up and manage Personal Development Plans.
- Create and manage LXD team onboarding and enablement resources.
- Coach individuals and teams on programme development best-practice to develop teams which model FourthRev values.
- Manage the overall planning and cascade of OKRs for the LXD department.
- Lead on and support strategic initiatives/projects.
- Contribute to ongoing resource projection, planning and management.
- Perform quality assurance of course materials where necessary.
- Oversee our content and course development quality ensuring that the functionality is in line with instructional design principles.
- Champion and implement best practice via training, coaching/mentoring, guidelines and policies/procedures.
- Operate under a continuous improvement model, seeking to enhance our programme development approach.
- Support the continued advancement and effective implementation of FourthRev’s pedagogic vision and philosophy.
- Ensure programme quality is aligned to global qualification frameworks and is of world-class standard.
- Define and continuously improve processes and ways of working.
- Support the implementation of our programme development project environment to ensure that all people are enabled with the appropriate project systems, technologies, processes, and documentation.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders including academics at prestigious universities to develop partnership relationships and produce quality outcomes.
What you’ll need to succeed (personal attributes & experience requirements)
- Bachelor's or master’s degree, ideally in education or digital technology
- Significant experience in online education delivery, instructional design, pedagogy and learning technology
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams of learning experience designers to achieve world-class outcomes..
- Experience in creating and curating high-quality digital learning content.
- Experience of delivering online learning products and managing projects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with senior stakeholders to achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Experience working with remote, international teams would be a benefit.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I love that I’m given the responsibility to work in a way that is best for me. It’s inspiring seeing colleagues work from temporary locations around the world and as long as you get your job done, it's completely fine!