Product Designer - Design Systems
At Flipdish, we build whitelabel software for the hospitality industry across mobile, web, app, kiosk and QR order & pay. Our clients rely on us to provide their customers a best in class user experience across all products, and design is at the very heart of our offering.
Due to our continued growth and significant investment, we're now expanding our Product Design team. We are a remote-first but close-knit, supportive team who work at pace and need you to firstly take ownership of our design system and then, with your energy, experience and first class design skills help us take Flipdish to the next level visually.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will:
- Own, audit, refine and evolve our ‘Cookbook’ design system, ensuring reusable components are clearly documented and adhere to design principles. You’ll manage design system release cycles, collaborate with designers and engineers on how to use components and patterns across design and code, and advocate adoption of our design system across the entire business
- Work closely with UX, product and engineering teams, thinking strategically as to how we can maintain visual and experiential consistency across our entire suite of products - Mobile, Web, App, Kiosk, QR Order & Pay
- Take our end user experiences to the next level with cutting edge visual design work focusing on colour, typography, the use of space, iconography, illustration, motion, micro animation, anything that creates moments of delight for our end users
- Help Flipdish become the global leader in digital food ordering
- You've got 3+ years experience as a UI Designer and are comfortable working in a fast paced product-focused environment
- You have demonstrable experience working directly with and owning / contributing to design systems including component design, documentation, and education.
- Your design skills are strong and you can demonstrate your previous experience and thought process with a comprehensive portfolio of design work which highlights the attention you pay to detail and your understanding of delighting an end user
- You have experience designing for accessibility using inclusive design principles and best practices
- You are experienced in designing for multiple screen sizes, platforms and device types: for responsive web as well as native mobile apps
- You are proficient with industry tools. We use Figma, so you should have great Figma skills. We also use Zeroheight, Storybook, Miro, Smartlook, Lookback, Optimal Workshop & Notion which would all be a plus.
- Ideally you’ll have experience with B2C & B2B products and experience in the food or related industries would be a plus
- You are self-motivated, organised and driven to work efficiently with minimal direction
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable and confident presenting both internally and to customers
Note: Your application cannot be considered without a link to or copy of a portfolio showcasing your design work.
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 6000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”