Marketing Content Writer
Due to the rapid growth of Flipdish, we are looking for a Marketing Content Writer to join our growing Global Marketing Team. Flipdish is one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies, with headquarters in Dublin and offices in New York, London, Berlin, and Barcelona. At Flipdish we provide cutting-edge technology to restaurants and takeaways, giving them the tools to survive and thrive in a digital world.
You’ll join us at an exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our teams across the globe.
Over the last decade, technology has dramatically changed how customers are choosing to order and pay for food, leaving many restaurants and takeaways to rely on expensive third-party aggregators for online orders. With such a poor direct-to-consumer user experience for food delivery and hefty commissions charged by the aggregators, our founders were inspired to create something better.
Flipdish has built a digital ordering system that helps put hospitality businesses of all sizes in control of their business growth, charging a fair fee and giving them knowledge of their customers’ purchases and behaviours. Our product suite includes branded websites, apps and self-service kiosks, tools to track performance and measure digital sales plus automated re-marketing and retention tools to promote customer loyalty.
As Marketing Content Writer at Flipdish you will craft impactful, engaging, on-brand content. You will report to the Head of Brand Marketing while working closely with other areas of the business including Product, Sales and Customer Success to ideate and collaborate on content.
The Flipdish product is driving exponential growth for thousands of hospitality businesses around the world. Millions of consumers use our technology to order food online for collection or delivery. Today, food delivery is a hyper-growth, multi-billion dollar industry. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely on developing the voice of one of the fastest-growing technology brands in the food industry.
Our blog is the cornerstone of our content strategy. It provides actionable advice, useful resources, and inspirational insights into restaurant technology, management, marketing, data and trends. You will research and write about topics that attract and engage our target audience - hospitality leaders, technology innovators, restaurant owners, operators and managers.
Through engaging, conversational storytelling you’ll create customer stories that inspire and inform, prompting others to want to find out more about our product.
You are confident writing about product features and technology trends. You’re experienced at turning complex information into easy-to-understand language.
A native English speaker, you’ll bring to life ideas that shape our world and deliver on our overall brand strategy.
You are a great writer and strategic thinker. You know how to structure and optimise content so that it gets searched for and found on search engines. You’ll identify the best keywords and implement them in your articles. You’re a data-driven storyteller and someone who was born to write. You write content that performs brilliantly, but you do it in a way that’s human and relatable, without corporate jargon.
You are a high-performing, professional with relevant experience, and motivated to join a dynamic and fast-growing scale up tech company. You’re a team player, great listener and independent thinker. You ask the right questions to understand the task at hand. You work best under tight deadlines and take constructive feedback well.
What You'll Do
- Create incredible content. Writing, editing, and project managing content that supports larger marketing campaigns, including (but not limited to): blog posts, social posts, data reports, sales enablement collateral, whitepapers, landing pages, case studies and video scripts.
- Be a key member of the Flipdish content marketing team, contributing to content strategy across market segments, channels and platforms.
- Write short- and long-form copy that’s engaging, concise and human. No ‘marketing speak’. Your words should connect with multiple audiences, and bring our brand pillars and values to life.
- Ideation for relevant content topics in the hospitality and restaurant technology space
- Research topics to generate original and impactful content that will attract and inspire decision makers in our target industries
- Plan content for each stage of the marketing funnel and customer journey, and for appropriate target personas.
- Update and optimise website, blog and marketing collateral with engaging and relevant content
- Optimise content for SEO.
- Build content in the CMS
- Work cross-functionally on integrated marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or professional writing/editing for a tech company
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment, stick to goals and team objectives, deliver results under pressure.
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid portfolio featuring a wide range of real work across channels
- Strong attention to detail with stringent self-editing for tone, grammar, and spelling
- You proactively seek out necessary information if it isn't given to you, asking thoughtful questions, and collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Experience in breaking down large content into different formats, such as social media, blog posts, website content etc.
- Confident with data and analytics
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 280 digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 active clients across 20 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”