Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
Senior R&D Engineers at FitXR work on technologies that secure the long term future of FitXR. They lead by example and work together with engineers and roles from other disciplines individually and in teams as part of the R&D department.
What you’ll do 👀
- Investigate technology and features in line with our long term goals
- Work individually or in small teams to create new technologies
- Write code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Provide mentorship for other Engineers in your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers
- Exert technical influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team by helping to solve problems with a high level of definition and high complexity
- Follow our Software Development Lifecycle and prioritise actions that support a well planned and documented implementation
- Contribute heavily to the team’s agile processes such as Backlog Planning, Daily Standups and Retrospectives
Tech Stack and Key Skills 💻
- Unity VR game development with C#
- Experience with source control systems like PlasticSCM in a professional/workplace environment
- Strong experience in Object Oriented development concepts
- Able to research technical solutions and rapidly prototype proof of concepts and consume 3rd party APIs
- Experience writing CRUD operations to SQL and NoSQL databases.
- CI/CD pipelines
You should apply if ✅
- You are a seasoned professional with valuable experience working on technical challenges
- You have experience with graphics/shaders development. VR/AR/XR development
- You lead by example and are able to work both in a team and individually, be self-motivated and able to effectively communicate with the rest of the group
- Have experience building multiplayer games with frameworks like Photon
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave