Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A. This has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
As a Product Design Director you will be responsible for working with the VP of Creative to execute the project’s vision to create outstanding experiences for users. Through your leadership and experience you will be trusted to guide and develop experiences for all aspects of the product to help us continue building world-class VR experiences.
What you'll do
- Manage and lead a team of Product Designers and UX Engineers in our core product and across teams.
- Provide teams with the right resources at the right time, such as journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to meet product goals and guide understanding.
- Work alongside UI/UX Artists and Designers to implement front-end solutions.
- Help establish and improve our product design and product thinking pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Advocate and promote user-centered design methodologies.
- Help define interactions, overlays and transitions.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Help Product Designers to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help deliver prototypes and R&D that ultimately validates design thinking and aesthetics.
You should apply if you have
- Relevant experience in a similar role with multiple projects shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your Product Design and prototyping skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX production in Unity.
- Used design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects and Adobe XD.
- Deep understanding of User Experience and Design trends.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, style guides and concepts to support, hold and develop the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of animation, composition and colour.
- Experience managing or leading design teams.
- Ability to implement data-driven holistic solutions for the product.
- Experience balancing product, development and user-driven objectives to contribute to the product strategy.
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave