A little flex time
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
What you’ll do 👀
- You’ll be responsible for leading product development and driving engagement for FitXR’s features across multiple teams.
- You’ll lead multiple cross-functional product development teams.
- You’ll develop and grow our Key studios (Box, HiiT, Dance).
- You will keep a close eye on the consumer experience and ensure our products are as 'sticky' as possible with users.
- You will represent the business and product vision in your strategy and communicate this effectively to your team and stakeholders.
- You will generate ideas, design and document systems, and analyse data to make sure our users get the most from our product.
- You will work cross functionally in teams with Design, Engineering, Data.
- You’ll run experiments to test hypotheses and identify new opportunities.
As a Principal you will 📈
- Be a focal point of Product leadership across FitXR.
- Lead product development across the company.
- Coach and mentor other Product Managers as well as Engineers, Designers and Data Analysts.
- Define our Product Management approach and standards across FitXR.
You should apply if ✅
- You’ve got experience shipping products that customers love.
- You take an iterative and data driven approach to building products.
- You’ve got experience coaching and mentoring other Product Managers.
- You have strong consumer focused product experience at a high-growth startup.
- You’ve developed Product strategies from scratch.
- You’ve led multiple cross-functional Agile teams while playing the role of Product Manager.
- You have experience with VR or Native mobile apps in particular games or entertainment products.
- You understand A/B testing and running experiments.
- You're a strong communicator and know how to communicate to a variety of different audiences.
- You will be comfortable with both receiving and giving constructive feedback as a means to making our apps the best they can be
- You have experience working on an app store product, bonus points if it’s subscription based.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave