Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
What you’ll do 👀
- Work on client and server-side technologies in our core Virtual Reality product, associated tools and services.
- Lead by example and work together with Engineers and roles from other disciplines in teams dedicated to areas of the product to solve common goals; working in cross-functional teams with Product Management and other contributors like Artists, QA and UX to iterate on new features.
- Write code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Exert technical influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team by helping to solve problems with a high-level of definition and high complexity.
- Follow our Software Development Lifecycle and prioritise actions that support a well planned and documented implementation.
- Be a founding member of our new growth/acquisition team, working on enriching and optimising the customer journey to get more players experiencing FitXR.
Tech Stack 💻
- C# for Unity VR Game Development
- .NET fundamentals, frameworks and practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD tools and frameworks
- Experience writing CRUD operations to SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience in Object Oriented development concepts
- Technical understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
You should apply if ✅
- You are a clear and concise communicator about complex technical, architectural and organisational problems and can propose iterative solutions.
- You are comfortable working in a highly agile and iterative software development process
- You have experience with performance and optimisation problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- You have the ability to thrive in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment - balancing being both self-motivated and self-managing with a demonstrated ability to work closely with other engineers and other parts of the organisation
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave