Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A which has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
What you’ll do 👀
- Your mission is to ensure we build scalable back-end systems and provide solid delivery support for those working on internal applications that use some of these services
- Operate within the Services Chapter overseeing the development efforts of rock-solid and scalable APIs whilst being directly accountable for the delivery of our fullstack developments on internal content management applications
- Alongside the Technical Leaders for Services you will own the roadmap, ensuring high business alignment; working with the Technical Program Manager for long-term initiatives and balancing operational support for the other teams
- This role will provide “Product Owner” style responsibilities for our internal applications like the Content Editor Tools and Admin Portal. These responsibilities are currently fulfilled by nobody and create severe bottlenecks and productivity friction for maintaining these important applications
- From a people management perspective, it is expected that this change will enable us to either realise the full potential of our current team or make quicker and objective decisions on the fit & performance of our current Engineers whilst continuing to elevate the hiring bar
You should apply if ✅
- You have the technical chops to go deep and have a breadth of fullstack knowledge, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals all whilst having a passion for growing engineering teams
- You have a strong and balanced combination of technical and people-ops skills. Whilst the primary role is to manage employees, you should still have expert-level knowledge in programming fundamentals, architecture and delivery
- You are passionate about what you do and want to be part of the journey we are on to take things to the next level
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave