3-4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
The Group External Reporting Accountant will report to the Senior Group External Reporting Manager. You will support the key activities of the team, including the Group's External Reporting process to deliver the Group's annual and quarterly SEC filings. This will involve planning and execution of the quarterly process, including drafting of the Group's financial and non-financial information, collating information and driving the "verification" of this information. You will work closely with the legal and compliance teams and the Senior Group External Reporting Manager to ensure that all material financial and non-financial information is IFRS compliant and has been appropriately verified in our external reports.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will support the planning and coordinating the External Reporting team efforts to deliver the Group's earnings releases and quarterly/annual financial reports, including the preparation of financial statement disclosure
- Assist in the preparation of our technical accounting memorandums
- Maintain the excel data files that are loaded to our financial statement preparation tool
- Lead the verification and tie-out process for the earnings release, scripts and any other relevant verifiable materials coordinating with the FP&A, commercial finance, legal, investor relations, corporate development and people teams to ensure that all quarterly KPIs are calculated correctly and verified
- You will support the external audit process, liaising with the auditors on key topics
- Assist in the external audit process by managing the audit requests and dealing with audit queries
- You will support the compliance with SOX controls to ensure External Reporting controls are completed and evidenced in line with requirements
- Outside of the quarter-end and year-end process, you will also support the Senior Group External Reporting Manager on various ad-hoc finance projects from new accounting standards, to new contracts and M&A activity.
- Assist in the drafting of UK subsidiary statutory financial statements
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- You have 1 to 2 years post qualified experience working in practice or a Group external reporting/accounting function for a listed company
- Good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS")
- You have strong MS Excel skills and can demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Ensure delivery of the most critical tasks within appropriate timelines and can work independently
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
As a member of the Group External reporting team at Farfetch, you'll help drive the production of the group's consolidated financial results at quarter and year end in a challenging, high-growth environment. You will have exposure to a wide range of stakeholders and play a key role in the continued development of the external reporting process at a growing SEC listed company.