3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
As Director of Business Development, you will oversee the commercial growth of our business at FPS. You will report to the VP Sales - FPS. You will run the pipeline of commercial prospects for our platform, being responsible for developing and signing new partnership agreements, with a focus on enterprise prospects within the luxury industry. You will identify and own new business and partnership opportunities for FPS, and manage the process from initial sales meetings, qualification of the opportunity, bringing the solution team together, helping determine the partnership opportunity through to signature. This role would suit someone who is commercially motivated, is, can structure and create complex and enterprise-scale deals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead in identifying new business opportunities for Farfetch Platform Solutions, working with a range of luxury brand, boutiques and partners (with a focus on enterprise clients) to develop new partnerships on the platform
- Qualify relevant opportunities and make recommendations to the business about the target clients for the platform
- Lead and nurture client relationships within the luxury industry, leading to signing and onboarding new partners on the platform
- Run the sales process from prospecting, initial meeting through to signing new partners
- Manage negotiations and the deal development process, working hand-in-hand with our legal team members
- Work with the wider team to lead the discovery process and help create tailored solutions, relevant to our client's needs which result in new partnership signings
- In partnership with the Senior Commercial Director and Head of Strategy & Growth, oversee the approach to pricing up new partnership opportunities and the solutions that we take to market
- Partner with our product marketing team to guide our B2B marketing strategy and go-to-market plan
- Work with our leadership team to help provide market feedback and help shape our propositions and overall offer to the market
- Build the FPS business development team
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience of consultative selling and partnership development: At FPS we value long term, valuable partnerships as opposed to an opportunistic, short-term sales approach
- Experience developing C-Suite relationships in the luxury industry with a wider range of executives (CEO, CDO, CIO, COO, CFO &c.)
- An accomplished negotiator, with experience in signing complex, enterprise scale technology partnerships
- Experience commercialising a platform business and understanding of platform ecosystems
- Commercially motivated,, able to create solutions tailored to our clients' needs
- Experience working within a SaaS environment
- Experience building teams
- Structure partnerships from both a commercial and solution point of view to close deals
- Experience working in a matrixed organisation, and able to bring the right team(s) together to create the right solutions for our clients
- A passion for both technology and fashion
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Exciting opportunity for an accomplished sales executive to build the business development function for Farfetch Platform Solutions and to lead the commercialisation of our platform.