We have new vacancies at Emerald Publishing! A fantastic opportunity for two Commissioning Editor- Journals to join us and play a key role in our Content Acquisition team The successful candidates will join a dedicated journals team, managing and developing an allocated portfolio, actively commissioning content and focusing on increasing our output aimed at delivering real world societal impact. Playing an active part in the wider team, you will work to ensure that Emerald is a leading voice for our chosen communities
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
· Create and own a strategic development plan, building a strong pipeline of journal articles and other relevant digital content. ·
Commission and deliver
content to agreed targets aligned with strategic priorities ·
Support the strategic development of
the product programme aligned to Emerald’s domain, open and services strategies
· Work with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of a community outreach plan for your subject area· Proactively manage EABs to ensure journal health and work to increase representation of diverse voices that are reflective or author and readership.· Actively use systems and reports that will help you meet objectives for attention, citations, impact factor, market share in articles, author and reviewer satisfaction, and publication speed
You’ll need to have:
- Proven journals publishing experience working to strategic priorities and portfolio targets.
Excellent working knowledge of the rapidly evolving academic publishing environment – for example in respect of open research· Advanced relationship management/building skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally.
It’s more than just skills and experience, this is what we’d like to see:
· Someone who displays their passion about research aligned to delivering real societal impact. · The drive to expand their existing network and act as an advocate for Emerald
· The ability to embrace innovation and new ways of working.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee