Remote-first - London / Bristol Office Optional
Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager with a successful record in Sales & Business Development across the UK, to spearhead the next stage of our UK focus.
Working closely with the Head of UK Sales, local partners, the creative and marketing teams in London and Bristol, you will be driving the growth of Elvie throughout existing UK retail partners, whilst reviewing new opportunities for expansion.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol and London offices & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Work closely with the Head of UK Sales to execute our UK sales and distribution strategy and exceed revenue and profit goal
- Manage day to day relationships with distributors and direct to retail accounts. Continually monitor, evaluate and identify opportunities to grow their sales and profitability
- Continually evaluate and optimise UK strategy based on local market context, competitor and industry trends
- Manage all stages of the sales process, from prospecting to negotiation and closing deals
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify effective trade marketing plans and grow the sell-in and sell-out of our key accounts
- Develop close commercial relationships with key retail groups, position us as the category leader and preferred partner
- Identify opportunities to place the product into new store locations and/or categories; maximise visibility and placement, to grow our share of the category
- Manage omnichannel selling strategies, create and maintain a view of the contribution margin of each channel
- Evaluate rolling forecast against the annual plan on a monthly basis, communicate pacing versus targets and mitigation actions
- Manage P&Ls for key customers, within profitability parameters agreed with HQ
What we are looking for:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience in senior sales roles within top-tier consumer, Baby & Juvenile, health or technology brands
- Management of key UK high-street retailers and multi-brand distributors
- Experience with successful new product and market launches
- Successful track record of delivering on ambitious growth targets
- Experience owning/running a regional P&L and working with all functions across the business – sales/operations/finance to drive the category agendas
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Outstanding negotiation skills and experience with negotiating retail and distribution agreements
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion and energy!!
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 3 additional Elvie “in it together” bank holidays for 2022
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humor helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!