We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Sales at Duffel
We’re a small but mighty team of three consisting of an Account Executive, Account Manager and Customer Sales Engineer looking to grow to five in the next few months.As an early member of the Duffel sales team and our first SDR, you will have an influential voice in shaping the team, sales direction, Go-To-Market strategy and our culture. You are expected to work and collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product, and build strong relationships with stakeholders in the travel industry.
What you'll be doing
- Qualify inbound leads for Duffel solutions to identify and prioritise sales opportunities.
- Actively prospect to supplement the lead flow.
- Learn about our offering and articulate our value proposition to prospective customers.
- Leverage prospecting techniques such as outreach emails and social media to generate qualified leads and schedule discovery calls for our sales teams.
- Build targeted prospecting lists, craft outbound messaging and identify influencers and key decision-makers to discover opportunities for Duffel.
What we're looking for in you
- 1-2 years experience in B2B sales/business development in travel, logistics, fintech, or e-commerce.
- Ability to prospect for outbound leads and, at the same time nurture and develop inbound lead flow.
- You’re an ideas person - you think strategically and creatively, solve problems, spot opportunities, and try new things
- Operational mindset: you’re eager to build processes for yourself and the team to maximise productivity.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and continuously delivering feedback to shape product roadmap and influence GTM strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional European languages are a plus!
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Duffel provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Duffel is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Duffel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
I love working here! We have sabbaticals and flexibility within reason (which I think is the best way to operate as a start-up) and I really get a feeling that the company cares for it's employees and culture <3