A little flex time
As a Head of Product (ML platform) at deepset, you will own our SaaS product “deepset Cloud”. Our typical users are Machine Learning Engineers in an enterprise and their "job to be done" is to make text information in the organization easily accessible for a variety of use cases. This used to be a highly complex and scattered process involving many different steps, technologies, and stakeholders. With deepset Cloud, we enable streamlined workflows to set up, customize, deploy, scale and monitor modern search pipelines - all in one place. You will shape this new generation of “integrated MLOps Platforms” and help developers to embed the power of NLP into a huge variety of products and services worldwide. The product is still in an early phase but the direction is validated, first customers are in place and the waiting list is huge. You will enter an interesting period of product growth!
We are an open source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- You’ll build strong empathy for our customers, the developers using our products, and the problems they want to solve
- You’ll work closely with internal & external stakeholders to define what we want to work on next and why
- You’ll shape our product strategy and vision in close collaboration with the founders
- You’ll grow our product management team and lead a team of highly talented individuals
- You’ll own the full PM lifecycle from exploring early ideas, moderating team discussions, breaking down complex topics into clearly scoped chunks, iterating closely with the engineering team, and collecting user feedback once it’s shipped
- You’ll be an ambassador for our product vision in daily discussions - Understand the big picture of our product, the market, the customers and connect the dots in discussions
- You’ll join us in an extremely interesting early phase of the product with a huge open-source community at our fingertips and many huge enterprise customers on the waiting list
- You’ll shape the next generation of MLOps platforms and help developers and companies all around the world to access information via language
- 5+ years experience as a PM - ideally working on a product for developers in the machine learning space
- You can relate to python developers, data scientists, NLP engineers, backend engineers and have an idea about their workflows and pain points
- You are an excellent communicator who can steer complex group discussions towards a pragmatic outcome, summarize complex product features in a single sentence, and communicate the product vision to different target groups
- You can switch between being hands-on and setting up the structure of the product team structure for growth
- You have worked in a fast-paced, high growth environment before and experienced firsthand what this implies for the product and the organization
- You are passionate about user experiences and pragmatic in choosing the steps towards a long term vision
- Your enthusiasm & curiosity makes it easy for you to investigate new product features, understand problems in depth and motivate others to join you on the journey
- You have a diverse toolkit of PM methods & processes to pick the right ones depending on the environment
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth is important to us. We have a budget to learn and develop new skills, the chance to speak at conferences, and our team-favorite is the monthly “Hacky Friday”.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walk and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in-person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
What colleagues say
"deepset is at the forefront of the NLP market. Proud to be part of the team. Looking forward to the challenges ahead!” (Andrey, Head of Product Marketing & DevRel)
"For me deepset has it all: we are building a company with a fascinating product in a highly disruptive market and a great vision-driven team. I am proud to help building the future of NLP together!" (Anna, Head of Operations)