A little flex time
As a Head of Finance at deepset you will own and shape the Finance and Legal functions, you will work closely with the C-level, and ensure compliance with accounting standards from Germany and the US.
We are an open source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Manage external contracts with accounting firms and lawyers, and be responsible for our legal set-up with regards to customer, employee, and supplier relations
- Create financial and operational reporting, including business performance, financial results, and variance analyses
- Identify and design new finance and accounting processes from scratch, and set up clear metric-based operating budgets and financial projections
- Be involved in investment processes and investor relations
- Drive key strategic initiatives, create transparency and enable data-driven reporting for the entire business
- Coordinate the set up of a legal entity in the US
- 7+ years of industry experience in the field, ideally in Germany and in the US
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or comparable field of studies
- Strong quantitative, financial, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and flexibility to adjust to new contexts and changes
- Previous experience in a startup environment is desirable
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth is important to us. We offer a yearly 1000 EUR budget to learn and develop new skills, the chance to speak at conferences, and our team favorite is the monthly “Hacky Friday”.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Health and/or pension fund fitting with your main working location: E.g. Company pension scheme for Germany, Health insurance for the US
What colleagues say
- Johannes (Business Analyst): “At deepest, I feel everybody´s passion for bringing forward a product that has tremendous potential and impact across any industry. I am glad to be on board!”
- Anna (Head of Operations): “For me deepset has it all: we are building a company with a fascinating product in a highly disruptive market and a great vision-driven team. I am proud to help building the future of NLP together!”