1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
Our Scala Engineers are responsible for implementing an industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end users, and is available to our clients 24/7. But we’re not stopping there, and our engineers are at the forefront of taking us forward to meet the demands of even greater scale.
From our monolithic datacenter beginnings we’ve moved wholesale to AWS where our system runs as a set of distributed applications. We’re currently in the process of migrating those applications over to EKS as we further embrace a microservices architecture.
You will be joining the FX Core team at CurrencyCloud, where we are creating software to provide our customers a frictionless experience to exchange currencies in the complex environment of constantly changing markets. You will be working alongside versatile and experienced engineers improving our FX capabilities.
What you'll get to do?
- Contribute to the next generation trading platform we are building, a great opportunity to work on scaling software towards a high volume of transactions.
- Design, build and maintain core FX trading capabilities. Our customers value us for being able to abstract away the intricacies of the foreign exchange market under a simple API solution.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other members within the cross-functional team.
- Influence wider company architecture. The FX Core team historically contributed to many technical initiatives adopted by other teams.
- Work alongside smart QA engineers, who build and maintain a vast collection of automated testing scenarios.
What skills are required?
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience building microservices with Scala.
- Experience working in functional programming paradigms.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in other programming languages, ideally being comfortable reading Ruby or Java.
- Experience designing event-based and streaming solutions such as Kafka.
- Experience building applications that run in Kubernetes would be handy.
- Competence working in codebase written in a functional programming language, ideally Scala.
- Good understanding of concurrency programming models, especially under JVM.
- Knowledge of building distributed systems.
- Ability to conduct thoughtful code reviews.
- Ability to read other programming languages such as Ruby or Java.
- Experience producing technical documentation in written and visual form.
- If you have experience using libraries such as cats, cats-effect, doobie, http4s etc. it would be a massive advantage.
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs