A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
The Regulatory (Conduct) Manager is a key part of Currencycloud's second line of defence (“2LOD”) compliance function, and sits within the Regulatory team. The Regulatory Conduct Manager will manage and continually enhance Currencycycloud’s global conduct risk framework. This will include designing and implementing an effective conduct controls testing approach. The Regulatory Conduct Manager will report into the Head of Risk and Regulatory.
- Manage and proactively enhance Currencycloud's global conduct risk framework. This will include developing and maintaining a combination of controls, training, risk assessment, policies, procedures and management information
- Develop and manage a program of conduct control testing covering all regulated entities globally
- Prepare and deliver conduct risk management information to relevant audiences (peers, compliance leadership, executive committee, board of directors) highlighting key initiatives, regulatory trends and areas of concern
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on conduct risk. Share knowledge on internal trends and wider industry developments within the compliance department
- Manage and provide mentorship to junior team members within the 2LOD compliance function
- Provide training to other teams within Compliance on existing and emerging conduct risk topics
- Build a network within Currencycloud’s product and client-facing teams to enable you to remain up-to-date on changes in the wider business (products, jurisdictions etc.)
- Act proactively to assess how these may impact the conduct risk framework
- Work with client-facing teams to ensure required changes are implemented in practice
- Provide constructive and clear feedback to team members’ queries on conduct matters
- Work alongside the business, Regulatory team and wider 2LOD
- Be a champion of CC culture and values: Own it, Better together, Be human
- Act as line manager for team members (incl. holiday approvals, ongoing feedback, performance management)
- Recognise team vulnerabilities and act on this: be human
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- A background within financial services with an understanding of conduct risk regimes, drivers, controls and regulatory expectations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Experience in identifying risks (ideally conduct risk) in the retail banking or payments sector and developing related controls
- A strong understanding of what constitutes an effective control environment in general (including testing and remediation approaches)
- Good understanding of control design assessment and effectiveness testing techniques and practices
- A hands-on and independent approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent team-working skills, ability to manage own workload
- Experience working at an external advisory firm (e.g. consulting firms) on building and recommending improvements to conduct risk frameworks
- Detailed insight into the FCA’s conduct approach, recent developments and upcoming changes
- An ability to research, understand and interpret regulatory approaches across the globe and/or collaborate with local subject matter experts to tailor the global conduct risk approach to local rules where required
- Have an interest in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industries
- Experience of managing a team
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs