A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
Engineering Manager (Cloud Platform Engineering) reporting to the Head of Platform Engineering
A hands-on technical role, providing leadership for a team of cloud engineers responsible for delivering internal Developer Experience and infrastructure products.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of cloud engineers
- Take a full part, as other duties allow, in hands on software development
- Provide people stewardship to a team of direct reports
- Work with the product manager to:
- Manage the flow of work through the team
- Remove blockers to delivery of value
- Map the business requirements to technical deliverables
- Facilitate the continual improvement of delivery processes
- Prioritise the work in the team’s backlog
- Work with the Platform leadership team to:
- Map the strategic business needs to the platform roadmap
- Agree ownership for deliverables on the platform roadmap
- Evangelise platform products to drive adoption
- Provide organisation wide leadership in driving DevOps maturity
- Define Cloud-Native standards for the wider organisation
- Work with the team to:
- Understand and manage the flow of work in progress
- Identify and manage delivery risks
- Break deliverables down into small easily manageable units
- Contribute to the writing of code and continual delivery to production
- Foster an environment of continual learning and improvement
- Provide mentorship as appropriate and Identify opportunities for team members to take ownership and responsibility
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Leadership of an engineering team (not necessarily an infrastructure focused team)
- Demonstrable experience of making high level technology focussed decisions and achieving buy-in for those decisions
- Demonstrable experience of presenting solutions to stakeholders and driving adoption of those solutions
- Experience in infrastructure as code for provisioning, either as an applications developer or an infrastructure engineer
- Experience of common cloud infrastructure frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud Native tools and techniques such as Monitoring and alerting
- Designed software and / or platforms used by other developers, and have supported those developers with the adoption of your solutions
- Demonstrable experience providing tools and solutions to applications developers to support DevOps and Cloud Native maturity
- Demonstrable experience of developing CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs