A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
From our monolithic datacenter beginnings, we’ve moved wholesale to AWS where our system runs as a set of distributed applications. We’re currently in the process of migrating those applications over to Kubernetes as we further embrace a microservices architecture.
The primary mission of the Developer Platform Organisation is to provide a platform for our developer community, which allows a frictionless and straightforward path to a reliable production operation. Crucially this is optimised for change and is sustainable as we move forwards. The Developer Community is our main customer and as such an important part of our role is to provide guidance and support around how we can best leverage the platform to meet our customer’s demands. We’re looking for someone who can think about systems, their edge cases, failure modes, and life-cycles.
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure used by the Currencycloud Developer Community and upon which our industry-leading payment platform runs
- Debug production issues across services and at all levels of the technology stack
- Contribute towards improvement initiatives - examples of such projects recently include:
- Migrating our workloads from Amazon EC2 to Kubernetes
- Implementing fully automated pipelines for the infrastructure we operate and understanding how we can effectively test change to our underlying infrastructure
- Improvements in how we manage database failover
- Multiple ongoing initiatives to improve platform performance and stability in light of the changing demands of our customers
- Build a great developer experience for people using the infrastructure and platform you operate and maintain
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- AWS and its suite of products around compute, networking and storage for the vast majority of our infrastructure
- Kubernetes (EKS) to schedule and run our services
- Datadog to monitor our applications and infrastructure
- Istio for our Service Mesh
- Terraform for our infrastructure as code
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs