A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
The Core Operations Team Lead will be responsible for managing the Core Operations team based in the
USA, ensuring that all customer collections/receipts and payments are delivered on time without error. The
Core Operations Team Lead will be playing an active role in the Operations department by managing
incidents and operational issues during US working hours and providing support to global Operations teams.
This is a fully remote based role open for US Mainland locations in west coast PST timezone.
Core Operations Team Lead will report to Core Operations Manager.
- Management of our Core Operations Team in the US which will have 3-5 FTEs.
- Leading the recruitment for Core Operations Specialists who will be based remotely in the US.
- Execution of all payments in line with customer SLAs/cut-off times.
- Ensuring all customer funds are received and allocated to customer accounts within agreed timescales.
- Resolving customer queries escalated by the Customer Operations Team, actioning customer requests within agreed SLA.
- Incident management, leading resolution of operational issues; avoiding/mitigating customer impact.
- Identifying improvements to current processes and working closely with internal stakeholders to implement changes.
- Resolving operational issues with local banking partners/PSPs and acting as the main point of contact for any urgent post-payment queries raised by US & Canadian clients.
- Support Core Operations and Payment Investigation teams based in London, Cardiff, Amsterdam and Singapore by resolving any problems escalated during US working hours. Ensure that all tasks are completed by the end of the day and any unresolved issues/incidents are handed over to the required SG/EU/UK teams.
- Inspiring and motivating the team to make sure that they are champions of CC culture and values.
- Recognizing key potentials and taking necessary steps to support the team members in their development.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members during 121s, performance reviews and appraisals.
- Conduct general management activities including weekly and monthly reporting to direct manager and wider Operations teams.
Skills & Qualifications...
- Management experience ideally with 3+ years in Payments/Transactional Operations.
- Experience working remotely and engaging with teams in different timezones.
- Good understanding of local payment schemes and SWIFT is desirable.
- Proven track record of people/team management and passion for building a successful team.
- Experience in the Financial Technology (FinTech) sector is welcomed.
- Effective communicator with strong leadership skills.
- Self starter with a demonstrable track record in taking initiatives.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly intelligent – can quickly grasp complex issues.
- Adaptable to change at a high pace.
- Outstanding organization and planning skills – able to handle multitude of concurrent tasks in a systematic way while also planning forward.
- Sound judgement – able to make balanced data driven decisions under pressure.
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs